Area Technical ManagerApply Now Apply Later
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
H.B. Fuller is a leading global adhesives provider focusing on perfecting adhesives, sealants and other specialty chemical products to improve products and lives. Our commitment to innovation brings together people, products and processes that answer and solve some of the world's biggest challenges. And, our promise to our people connects them with opportunities to innovate and thrive.
Location: Atlanta, GA, or any major metropolitan area in south or southeast U.S.A.
The Area Technical Manager (ATM) supports the Adhesive Coating Solutions (ATS) business unit of H.B. Fuller. The ATM provides technical and sales support to wood and packaging customers in the U.S.A. and Canada, supporting existing business and identifying and supporting new business. The ATM will work closely with sales and owns the technical relationships. The ATM is expected to be reactive on complaints and issue resolution. The ATM should spend a significant part of their time (60%) on proactively delivering valued services to minimize erosion at their Top 10 Existing accounts and maximize rapid new business closure at Top 10 Target accounts. The Area Technical Manager (ATM) reports to the Adhesive Coating Solutions (ATS) Technical Manager.
Responsibilities of the ATM include but are not limited to:
Provides technical and sales support to Business customers including both new and existing business with a focus on Platinum customers i.e.;
- Customer and internal training, information/application guides.
- Implement and practice value quantification best practices on every customer visit.
- Customer demos including Pre-demo plans and support followed with internal and external documentation.
- Troubleshooting and problem solving at the customer
- Product recommendations from core product lists to new and existing customers.
- Technical service work tracking, coordination at WL and written customer reports.
- Customer calls, with or without sales, to further Fuller’s opportunities for closing and maintaining business – with a clear objective for each visit.
- Identify and support new business.
- Identify and support the innovation pipeline for product line evolution.
- Support to Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) where appropriate.
- Competitive intelligence and market intelligence.
- Customer audits.
30 %: Make, and support, product recommendations to new and existing customers, including planning / coordinating demos as appropriate. This requires expert knowledge of product lines and customer application parameters. The incumbent must understand business strategies, cost/economics and customer needs. All customer efforts will be aligned with targeted customer strategic plans developed and owned by the Territory Managers. This role will be involved with the development of these plans as well.
30 %: Value Quantification – Collect information to create winning value propositions and communicate consistently to the customer on each visit. VQ must be done proactively at all existing accounts and target accounts. VQ will be documented in annualized value delivered by H.B. Fuller.
20 %: Customer focus – Develop service experiences commensurate with the size and importance of the customer. Work with SAMs and AMs to create realistic technical strategies as part of the Account Strategy and execute that. May include: Customer training sessions, Audits, Baselining, Seminars, etc.
20 %: Complaint investigation and root cause analysis. Must employ and demonstrate competent conclusions to complaints by performing investigations, collaborating with Operations, R&D, Technical Service Lab, and the customer. Standard documentation and protocols must be followed. Solutions must result in significant customer process improvement.
- BS in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering required, Masters or MBA preferred.
- 8 or more years of technical expertise, preferable in the plywood market or packaging markets.
- Demonstrated understanding of areas of expertise and applicable competitive landscape, able to map the market space to identify opportunities.
- Excellent computer skills with spreadsheets, presentations and other software including MS Office.
- Solid verbal and written communication skills, comfort with speaking in front of groups.
- Leading large, territory based cross-functional project teams with demonstrated success and significant business impact, including projects with patentable or proprietary innovations.
- Ability to leverage direct customer contact.
- Proven success in implementation of technical platforms. Ideation leading to IP opportunity assessment. Has developed a body of IP innovation. Able to map area of expertise to identify opportunities. Commercialization leader.
- Ability to efficiently analyze/understand complex adhesive and application related issues.
- Ability to interpose oneself into awkward and tight physical spaces in order to assist in setting-up, auditing and troubleshooting equipment.
- Ability to maneuver on steps, stoop/squat and stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to lift a 50 pound load by oneself.
- Exposure to various raw materials and chemicals used in adhesive products.
- Ability to travel 75% of the time via both land and air.
Employees are eligible for full benefits, including medical, dental, insurance, 401k contribution, paid time off and paid Holidays. All employees qualify for an annual cash bonus, based on business performance. Annual raises are based on company and individual performance.
To all recruitment agencies: H.B. Fuller does not accept agency resumes unless directly engaged by Human Resources. Please do not forward any resumes to Human Resources or any employees. H.B. Fuller is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
For more information and to apply, go to: http://jobs.hbfuller.com/
H.B. Fuller is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
- Job Location
- Atlanta, Georgia, United States
- Position Type