Process Engineer- College RecruitmentApply Now Apply Later
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
H.B. Fuller Construction Adhesives (a subsidiary of H.B. Fuller Company) is a leading provider of technologically advanced solutions to the commercial, industrial and residential construction industry. Headquartered in Aurora, Illinois, the company’s recognized and trusted brands - TEC®, CHAPCO®, Grout Boost®, Foster®, ProSpec and others - are available through an extensive network of distributors and dealers, as well as home improvement retailers.
College students graduating with a B.S. in Industrial or Mechanical Engineering Spring 2020
The Process Engineer reports to the Continuous Improvement Manager and has primary responsibility for providing engineering support to the assigned facility. Support will include: problem solving/ trouble shooting plant issues, engaging facility’s team in LEAN Continuous Improvement efforts, development, design and sourcing of technical process components, and management of quality, productivity, and capital projects. Other responsibilities will include participation as a team member of the Continuous Improvement Team on business wide projects and initiatives.
- Collaborate with operational team to implement systems to record and report key operational performance data (i.e. product rates, yields, uptime, unit cost)
- Analyze performance data to identify gaps and root cause
- Conduct routine and innovative engineering calculations in unit operations analysis in support of adhesives manufacture and process development. Routinely calculates financial impact of process alternatives and presents recommendations to management.
- Lead continuous improvement projects to implement innovative productivity, quality, run-time, process capability, and unit cost.
- Support new product scale-up in manufacturing and commissioning of new equipment / processes.
- Ensure proper design / safety reviews are conducted and proper management of change procedures are followed for new and existing processes
- Prepare preliminary cost estimates, project proposals and capital expenditure requests.
- Project and process engineering (productivity, cost reduction, product consistency, skills/experience
- Optimize existing processes to provide consistently uniform, high quality products at the lowest cost.
- Assist in Implementation or optimization of Total Productive Maintenance practices and Preventive maintenance practices in the plant system.
- Oversee training of process and plant personnel for new equipment.
- Asses plant systems to maximize employee safety and minimize environmental risk. Ensure the compliance with all applicable environmental regulations and assist the company EHS representative.
- Interact with other departments to provide the highest level of teamwork and cooperation between groups.
- Must be graduating with a Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering or Industrial Engineering in Spring 2019.
- A minimum of 1 year experience in a manufacturing/engineering capacity internship program or four years of part-time work experience that has developed an interest in understanding process flow.
- Exposure to concepts of Project Management.
- Exposure to financial and costing concepts.
- Well versed in the use of software including Microsoft Office, CAD, Visio.
- Knowledge of maintenance programs and experience with either Total Productive Maintenance OR Predictive Maintenance practices.
- Knowledge in general factory and warehouse safety.
- Knowledge in statistical process control, design of experiments and quality management systems.
DESIRED COURSE WORK
Quality Control and Planning, LEAN/ Six Sigma, Controls/ Computer Aided Engineering, Fluid Dynamics, Bulk Solid Dynamics, Project Management, Total Productive Maintenance, Manufacturing Processes, Advanced Engineering Design
Physical activities require continuous hearing; frequent talking, sitting, repetitive motions of hands/wrists; and occasional standing, and walking. Position may carry and lift up to 50lbs. Position requires continuous visual demand 75% - 100% of the time.
H.B. Fuller is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
- Job Location
- Aurora, Illinois, United States
- Position Type