Process Engineer InternApply Now Apply Later
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
H.B. Fuller Construction Adhesives (a subsidiary of H.B. Fuller Company) is a leading provider of technologically advanced solutions to the commercial, industrial and residential construction industry. Headquartered in Aurora, Illinois, the company’s recognized and trusted brands - TEC®, CHAPCO®, Grout Boost®, Foster®, ProSpec and others - are available through an extensive network of distributors and dealers, as well as home improvement retailers.
Process Engineer Intern
In general, the Process Engineer intern reports to the Facility Manager and has primary responsibility to apply both theoretical and practical engineering principles.
This internship will be 40 hours per week.
- Working directly with Production Operators on the manufacturing floor to drive process and manufacturing improvements
- Will work specifically on process optimization project in regards to batch processing and campaign management. Will work with the facility manager, regional process engineer, operations, and R&D personnel.
- Analyzes and interprets data; should be able to propose hypotheses as explanations of phenomena, and design experimental studies to test (disprove) these hypotheses.
- Serves as team member on Green / Black Belt projects.
- Leads by example in the areas of safety improvement and the application of quality measures.
- Currently pursuing Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or Electrical Engineering to be completed between December 2019 – June 2021
- Must have completed Sophomore year of program and coursework
- Skills and ability to evaluate and optimize manufacturing processes
- Awareness and/or Training in Lean and Six Sigma methodologies
- Ability to effectively interacting with R&D and plant personnel, OEMs, and internal functional groups.
- Comfortable working daily in manufacturing shop floor environment
- No relocation assistance available for this position, must have housing accommodations near Aurora, IL to be considered
For more information and to apply, go to: http://jobs.hbfuller.com/
H.B. Fuller is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
- Job Location
- Aurora, Illinois, United States
- Position Type