Production Operator I NA-w/$1,500 Sign-on BonusApply NowApply Later
The primary duties of a Production Operator I are:
- Follows, without exception, all work instructions and safety rules, including use of all PPE and safety equipment
- Participates in the general housekeeping of plant and work area
- Understands basic monitoring of assigned equipment including start up-shut down & lockout/tag-out procedures for equipment responsibilities
- Monitors and reports any warning lights promptly
- Able to demonstrate fork lift proficiency (pending formal training)
- Maintains expected quality standards
- Able to use digital scales in metric and US standard units
- Properly loads mixers
- Able to complete required data entry into production systems, accurately, with some assistance
- Generally performs, with supervision, entry level production tasks which include:
- Operating processing equipment
- Moves and stages materials
- Packages products
- Enters data into the computer system
- Monitors equipment, keeping processes running at desired run rates.
- Able to use and monitor computerized display and control screens
- Works under direction from peers, team leaders, & shift managers
- Maintains proper documentation including batch tickets and partial bags.
- Generally assists in preparation of batches and operation of processing equipment.
- Team player
- Good oral and written communication skills. Able to properly use plant radios and intercom system
- Works mandatory overtime as required
- High school diploma or GED equivalency
- Good math, reading, communication, and organizational skills
- Must display fundamental computer literacy.
- Participates and contributes through involvement with teams
- Demonstrates a willingness to assist co-workers in areas outside of their direct responsibility
- Routinely prepares batches, follows work instructions, and operates equipment properly, with some supervision.
- Consistently meets production goals.
- Can perform plant specific requirements for progression
- Must have no attendance issues (always on time; under 5 unscheduled absences)
- Must not have been placed on any form of Performance Corrective Action over the preceding six months
- In the current position one year (usually).
- Most recent performance rating was “successful” or better
- Lean Six Sigma
- Able to use, facility specific, PLC based process control systems used in the manufacturing process
- While performing the duties of this position the employee is regularly required to stand.
- The employee is frequently required to walk, climb stairs, use hands to remove or lift boxes, stretch and reach with arms extended, and stoop.
- The employee must, regularly, lift and / or move up to 50 pounds, alone, and occasionally lift and / or move more than 100 pounds, with assistance.
Demonstrates proficiency in the following competencies:
- Accountability for Results: Demonstrates a bias for action – translates goals and objectives into actionable plans and results.
- Build and Lead Effective Teams: Attracts and retains the best people. Invests in people to ensure organizational success. Actively manages Performance.
- Fosters Change and Innovation: Seeks solutions that strengthen quality, value, service and effectiveness. Respectfully challenges the way “things are done” and supports others in doing so.
- Creates Value for Customers: Anticipates and responds to market trends and opportunities. Delivers on promises made.
- Demonstrates Business Acumen and Business Agility: Knows the specifics of the business. Engages in effective operational and strategic planning.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities, Women, Veterans, Disabilities
Recently Viewed Jobs
No jobs have been viewed recently.