ScientistApply Now Apply Later
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
H.B. Fuller is a leading global adhesives provider focusing on perfecting adhesives, sealants and other specialty chemical products to improve products and lives. Our commitment to innovation brings together people, products and processes that answer and solve some of the world's biggest challenges. And, our promise to our people connects them with opportunities to innovate and thrive.
Location: Aurora, IL
The Scientist is a dynamic position within our organization. The Scientist is able to conduct complex projects with assistance from more experienced chemists and R&D Manager. In general, a Scientist conducts laboratory bench work tasks, physical testing and supports QA and Operations, as needed, in trouble shooting manufacturing issues. This position is responsible for product development, cost saving initiatives, and production support. This person will be dealing primarily with our cementitous grouts for ceramic tile.
This individual is involved in a variety of research, development and technical service activities, including:
- Completing basic projects independently, drawing conclusions with guidance, and reproducing and articulating results and their meaning, including business impact.
- Applying and interpreting standard scientific theories, concepts and techniques.
- Identifying and developing solutions to problems where causal relationships can be identified and some precedence may exist.
- Documenting test results and making process improvement recommendations.
- Documenting project updates and executing projects using project management methodologies.
- Provide technical input and expertise for vendor contacts regarding raw materials, laboratory and analytical equipment, and certain critical processing equipment.
- Demonstrates technical expertise for current technologies and manufacturing processes.
- Contributes to the Technical Group’s development of intellectual property and technology.
- Assists in defining / refining technical product performance parameters, manufacturing process parameters, raw material and packaging component specifications
- Responsible for scale-up of new products.
- Responsible for meeting project goals within time and budget constraints.
- Responsible for providing guidance and initial training of Operations Production personnel regarding proper batch processing.
- Responsible for preparing and maintaining applicable Work Instructions and training QA personnel, as needed.
- Responsible for initiating and maintaining contacts in professional and technical fields.
- Completes, maintains, and processes pertinent paperwork and records.
- Execute all EHS requirements ensuring compliance of department.
- Comply with company policy and procedure.
- Fulfilling responsibilities as required by the Quality System for the site/business unit.
- Work in a safe and efficient manner.
- BS degree (A.C.S. Certified) in Chemistry or appropriate technical degree with a minimum of 1 year of experience within H.B. Fuller, or 2 years of professional experience outside of H.B. Fuller, or MS in Chemistry. Internship and co-op assignments can be utilized to meet the experience requirement.
- Develops solutions to problems where causal relationships can be identified and some precedence exists.
- Determines own approach to problem and devises solution when job is within scope of own ability. Work correlates with what experienced researchers have done or are doing.
- Performs regular assignments with no serious delays and with minimal supervision. Works under the guidance of more experienced chemists or R&D managers. Work is reviewed for overall accuracy, completeness, and soundness of technical judgment.
- Applies and interprets standard scientific theories, concepts, and techniques from periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, manuals, and government regulations
- Solves practical problems in situations where limited standardization exists.
- Works with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and basic fundamentals of accounting and financial principles (as it relates to new product costing).
- Writes technical reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals.
- Interprets a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Effectively presents information to management, sales personnel, customers, suppliers, and the general public.
- Proficient with word processing, spreadsheets, presentation software, Internet software, e-mail, database software, AS/400 systems and computerized testing equipment.
Employees are eligible for full benefits, including medical, dental, insurance, 401k contribution, paid time off and paid holidays. This position may also qualify for medical reimbursement depending on the employee’s annual base salary. All employees also qualify for an annual cash bonus, based on business performance. Annual raises are rewarded based on company and individual performance.
To all recruitment agencies: H.B. Fuller does not accept agency resumes unless directly engaged by Human Resources. Please do not forward any resumes to Human Resources or any employees. H.B. Fuller is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
For more information and to apply, go to: http://jobs.hbfuller.com/
H.B. Fuller is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
- Job Location
- Aurora, Illinois, United States
- Position Type