Tech Service Applications SpecialistApply Now Apply Later
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
H.B. Fuller Construction Products (a subsidiary of H.B. Fuller Company) is a leading provider of technologically advanced solutions to the commercial, industrial and residential construction industry. Headquartered in Aurora, Illinois, the company’s recognized and trusted brands - TEC®, CHAPCO®, Grout Boost®, Foster®, ProSpec and others - are available through an extensive network of distributors and dealers, as well as home improvement retailers. For more information, visit www.hbfuller-cp.com
Technical Service Applications Specialist
The Applications Specialist reports to the Technical Service Manager and has primary responsibility for the physical testing of products, systems, and applications in the new product development process and the product claim investigation process.
- Support the product inspection report process by collection and input of data
- Investigation and product testing and reporting of results
- Provide evaluations of physical properties of new and existing products and systems.
- maintain a broad-based and in-depth knowledge of competitive products and the technology involved in the building and construction market
- Assemble structures necessary for large scale testing and demonstration of products, systems and applications and assist with field trials of newly developed products.
- Act as a conduit in technical matters between the marketplace, R&D, sales force and marketing departments.
- Provide written and oral technical communication including presentations, demonstrations and trade show support when required.
- Write technical reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals.
- Maintain applications lab, including tools and equipment and replenish building supplies when necessary.
- Lifting of heavy materials and operation of power tools
- Construction site access including climbing scaffolding
- Exposure to construction chemicals including but not limited to cement, epoxy, latex
- Travel, including driving and air travel
- Bachelor's Degree in related field
- Minimum 3+ years’ technical service experience with a company with competitive or synergistic project lines.
- Experience to include site assistance, project control, and technical writing/reporting
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with several variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
Employees are eligible for full benefits, including medical, dental, insurance, 401k contribution, paid time off and paid holidays. All employees also qualify for an annual cash bonus, based on business performance. Annual raises are rewarded based on company and individual performance.
To all recruitment agencies: H.B. Fuller does not accept agency resumes unless directly engaged by Human Resources. Please do not forward any resumes to Human Resources or any employees. H.B. Fuller is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
For more information and to apply, go to: http://jobs.hbfuller.com/
H.B. Fuller is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status
- Required Skills
- Job Location
- Aurora, Illinois, United States
- Position Type