Finance Business Partner II - Asia PacificApply Now Apply Later
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
We, at H.B. Fuller embrace a shared set of beliefs and competencies that direct the way we operate and express our fundamental principals about how we will achieve success. We strive to hire and promote talent that demonstrates our beliefs and our competencies.
The EA Finance Business Partner Asia Pacific, focused on Durable Assembly and Energy markets, reports directly to the Asia Pacific EA Finance Director and indirectly to the respective market Business Director.
This is a critical role in finance with responsibility and involvement across a broad range of financial, geographies and management areas. The primary objective of this position is to optimize business results by proactively monitoring financial trends and performance metrics and responding with value-added analysis and insights to facilitate decision making. The role also requires proactive recommendation of business improvement opportunities to drive profitable growth and business process excellence. This position is an active contributor to the development of overall business strategy as well as effective the day-to-day operations of the business.
Specific activities include financial planning and forecasting, operational reviews, commercial and operations analysis, pricing, budgeting, support of strategic initiatives and business expansion, capital/investment appraisals, and providing value-added financial insight to the business leaders. The successful candidate will use their knowledge of the business and finance to coach, collaborate and challenge their business colleagues and specifically the Business Director.
60% Commercial & Operations Insight, analysis, support and challenge
- Provide value-added analysis of the details and provide summary level information to allow the leadership teams to make informed, risk aware and prudent business decisions to improve the financial performance of the business unit
- Ensure delivery of comprehensive and consistent analysis of financial results to the business team on a regular basis.
- Provide commentary, insight and challenge. What is going well? What is not going well? And why?; comparisons relative to forecast, budget, prior year, and previous period as appropriate
- Understand and interpret impact of unusual items that skew the true financial performance
- Analyze performance by relevant business unit, end market, or customer class to provide insights
- Provide clear, concise conclusions and recommendations on profit improvement
- Driving margin and profitability improvement across EA, for example through:
- Product, Formulation & Customer mix management: Seeking out opportunities and highlighting and anticipating issues
- Pricing insights and actions (see below)
- Deep insight into Raw Material cost impacts: anticipate early, understand drivers and consequences, promote optimal / timely responses (e.g. price increase, new formulation)
- Understand and respond to FX movements and impacts on performance
- Pricing excellence: demonstrating expertise in both value, transactional pricing and HBF’s pricing processes. Championing, catalyzing, challenging and coaching commercial teams towards optimal pricing execution.
- Develop differentiated insight, and analysis into Emerging market growth, investment and profitability improvement opportunities
- Provide support to ensure efficient and optimal use of resources & rigorously control SG&A costs. Spanning headcount decisions, external services (e.g. Agents), travel etc
- Coach commercial and operations team to increase their financial acumen
- Commercial contract support: key point person to initiate and execute all commercial contracts (supply, consignment, equipment, rebate, index, etc.); collaborate with the sales organization, legal group, credit department, and others as necessary
- Champion discipline and efficiency/improvement focus for Business processes as well as controlling processes
- Monitor and evaluate the relevant components of new working capital for the business units supported (receivables terms, credit risks, inventory levels, payable terms, etc.)
20% Forecasting, Budgeting and Strategic Planning Support
- Collaborate with business leadership teams to develop a financial outlook (forecasts) for each business unit supported (updated quarterly); focus on outlook accuracy and determining the most likely scenario for the balance of the year; outlook should factor in changes in raw material costs, pricing actions, new business closes, changes in end-market conditions, etc.
- Collaborate with business leadership team to develop a financial budget for each business unit supported (in conjunction with FP&A); ensuring the team understands where and how the business unit is expected to grow (price, new business, erosion, market growth, etc.); committing with the business unit leader to deliver the budget commitment every year
- Assist to build a Strategic Plan; building up the plan to provide the leadership team with a roadmap to sustained growth and improved financial performance
10% Quarterly operational reviews, monthly reporting / analysis
- Evaluate business performance to ensure consistency with business unit long-term strategic plan and the overall corporate strategy
- Strategic deployment countermeasure support at the Global and EIMEA-level; provide data analysis for business unit leadership team to assist in determining the root causes for metrics that are not meeting plan; collaborate with the leadership team to develop detailed countermeasure plan
- Provide regular reviews of critical initiatives that support achievement of current year financial plan
- Evaluate and provide analysis on the financial impact of proposed business activities (e.g. business acquisitions/divestitures, capital expenditures, sales programs, etc.) on the business unit and provide guidance on best course of action to the business unit director(s)
- Develop and leverage financial models for specific situations (e.g. customer profitability, manufacturing arbitrage, vendor performance, etc.) to provide support for decision making
10% Business Process and Project / special assignments leadership
- Ensure EA team understand and follow key control and operational processes
- Collaborate among peers to standardize, where relevant, groups of work to utilize consistent templates and processes
- Assist in special projects such as acquisition due diligence and integration for targets in this business unit.
Indirect supervision and influence of business and finance colleagues and support services will be key element of this role. Strong collaboration between finance functions and business functions must be maintained.
The business finance partner will play a critical role in collaborating and partnering with the business directors for both cost center budgeting and the compiling of budgets for the entire business unit to which they are assigned. For the entire business unit, this will include the income statement from sales to operating income, all of the working capital components, and capital expenditures.
- BA or BS degree required with strong background in finance/business management discipline.
- MBA or equivalent qualification with emphasis in finance or accounting from a top tier institution
- Individually Accountable for Results
- Highly motivated, self directed and self learner
- Demonstrates a bias for action
- Identifies and pro-actively manages risk
- Model collaboration and commitment
- Focuses on team success before individual success
- Strong collaborator capable of managing remote relationships effectively
- Accountability for Results
- Translates goals/objectives into actionable plans and results
- Exhibits a strong drive and focus on achieving budget commitments
- Foster change and innovation
- Seeks solutions that improve process effectiveness and drive continuous improvement
- Actively works to develop processes where processes are lacking
- Create value for customers
- Anticipates and responds to changes in financial trends
- Curiosity drives pro-active preparation and action planning
- Demonstrate business acumen and business agility
- Demonstrates functional/technical proficiency in finance and accounting
- Exhibits the ability to work professionally and effectively in ambiguous situations
- 10 years of experience in a range of finance and controlling areas (FP&A, Accounting, Corporate Finance, Commercial Finance, Treasury, Commercial or Operations Business Partnering, Costing..)
- Hands on Commercial and/or Supply/Operations experience would be beneficial
- International experience, ideally working and living in different cultural and business environments
- Highly proficient in the use of the Microsoft office tools, notably Excel and PowerPoint and affinity for analytic tools
Notwithstanding the above, the Employer may, at any time, ask the Employee to perform other activities, even if not included in this Job Description, as long as it is in accordance to local Labour Law and the sector’s Collective contract. The Employee hereby admits and accepts that this does not result in his professional depreciation.
- Job Location
- Beijing, China
- Position Type
Recently Viewed Jobs
No jobs have been viewed recently.