HR Manager, Engineering Adhesive, APApply Now Apply Later
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
The HR Manager for the AP Engineer Adhesive (EA) will provide human resource leadership to the leadership and HR team in EA to drive the people agenda in terms of systems, processes, culture and creating a compelling employee value proposition that attracts, retains and energizes key talent.
In addition, the HR Manager will ensure that all sites and location under the business units have the optimum structure aligned with strategy and implements programs/policies that maximize the organization's effectiveness toward achieving its mission and other stated business goals. This role will have direct responsibility for implementation of policies and programs including organizational planning and development, staffing/employment, compensation, benefits, employee relations, training and employee development. All efforts will be aligned with the operational and H.B. Fuller Company Human Resource strategies. The HR Manager is a matrixed role with a solid line reporting relationship to the Asia Pacific Region HR Director and a dotted line relationship to the AP EA leader in AP.
The HR Manager develops strategies and leverages H.B. Fuller Company processes (e.g. annual talent review, succession planning, performance management, and etc.) to improve organizational effectiveness and employee engagement. The HR Manager will be expected to establish trusted relationships with the EA
leadership team in AP and the operating leaders by truly understanding the business and aligning human resources programs to credibly enable key initiatives that will drive business results.
In addition, the incumbent is responsible for the following:
- As a core member of AP EA team, recommend and/or initiate actions to improve organizational effectiveness, organization climate and culture, management style, and employee engagement.
- Direct organizational development process that includes ongoing talent assessment, organization review, succession planning and capability building. Participates in planning changes in organizational structure at any level within the division.
- Oversees the performance management process and reviews and advises management regarding corrective action to improve performance and recognition to motivate exceptional performers.
- Monitors productivity and performance measures. Provides periodic reports on the disposition of key metrics, projected budget outlook, employee relations issues, reasons for labor turnover, etc. Identifies trends and potential solutions to problem areas.
- Conducts training where qualified and works with outside providers when special expertise is needed. Anticipates the need for and provides process facilitation (i.e. change management, new manager transitions, team building sessions, etc.).
- Participates in the development, evaluation and implementation of compensation and benefits programs and plans. Works with Corporate and Regional HR and finance to assure programs are market appropriate and tax compliant.
- Coordinates with Corporate and Regional HR on matters of regulations, industry trends, current practices, new developments, applicable laws regarding human resources, understanding the differences of domestic and international policies, programs and laws and coordinating integration when necessary.
- Maintains up-to-date job descriptions and personnel records that meet government and company reporting/HRIS requirements.
- Establishes HR as the 3rd Party of Choice. Actively counsels and advises employees. Conducts exit interviews to determine reasons behind separations. Conducts investigations of employment-related claims. Implements employee surveys, coordinates result and provides guidance and direction on corrective action recommendations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related discipline (Industrial Relations, Business Administration, Organizational Psychology, etc.); MBA/ MS in Industrial Relations or Human Resource Management is preferred.
- 10+ years’ experience in human resources, preferably with combined experience in multinational company and local company, plus the following:
- HR integration experience in merge and acquisition
- 5+ years’ experience in a manufacturing environment
- 5+ years’ experience in an HR Managership/leadership role, including management of other HR professionals.
- Business oriented, demonstrated ability to drive organizational change to achieve business results.
- Must be hands-on, results-oriented and customer driven.
- Strong people skill, demonstrated ability to interact effectively with people at all levels
- Independent working, able to handle conflicts and difficult situations and resolve issues in efficient manners
- Excellent verbal and written skills, ability to make polished public presentations
- Fluent in both English and Mandarin, written and verbal.
- Must be able to effectively operate within a matrix environment independently in fast pace.
- MS Office proficiency with good data analytical skill
- Solid project management experience.
- Strategic perspective
- Demonstrates proficiency in the following core competencies:Accountability – Delivering excellence through personal motivation and engagementChange and Risk Taking – Working toward our future, altering the course as needed and balancing risks and rewards in making decisionsTeamwork – Encouraging collaboration, trust and cooperation among and within work groups
- Click on the link to learn more about H.B. Fuller’s Competencies
- Customer Focus – Understanding customer needs and delivering superior solutions with passion
- Performance Excellence – Elevating the performance bar and delivering on commitments with high quality solutions
- Innovation – Leveraging possibility thinking in creating new value for customers
1~2 direct reports
Although there is no direct budgetary authority, recommendations and actions impact major activities and can have a significant impact on company performance.
MAIN COMMUNICATION PARTNERS
- Asia Pacific Human Resources Director, Global EA Human Resources Director, AP and EA HR team
- EA Business Head in AP
- AP EA Management Team
- Third party (Consultants, etc.)
- Job Location
- Beijing, China
- Position Type