Lab Technician I NAApply Now Apply Later
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
H.B. Fuller is a leading global adhesives provider focusing on perfecting adhesives, sealants and other specialty chemicals across all industries throughout the world. While our products are virtually invisible, they play a vital role in ensuring the quality of modern life and we are committed to connecting what matters to solve some of the world's biggest adhesion challenges.
Blue Ash, OH
Reporting to the Facility Technical Manager, the selected candidate will support the Quality System, Safety, and SOPs for the site. Be a key contributor between production and the quality of our products. This role provides support to the production team with some support of broader teams located at the Corporate Offices. The technician must be able to perform laboratory tasks and procedures with accuracy and promptness to meet customer demands, conducting all necessary testing of samples to ensure product batches and finished goods meet all quality specifications.
Taking on this position you will perform quality checks of, submit daily batch release reports and ensure accuracy of all quality assurance test results while keeping up with production. You will be working real time with production.
- Performs testing of finished goods and in-process line samples to ensure they are within quality specifications
- Conduct internal quality system audits
- Ensure safe and appropriate practices in lab
- Testing requirements include but not limited to viscosities, solids, pH, etc.
- Maintains daily quality log, rejects, rework, history files, etc.
- Maintain retains and disposition
- Supports production for process testing
- General housekeeping of Laboratories including cleaning and maintaining test equipment
- Authors test procedures, work instructions, Bill of Materials (BOMs) as needed
- Initiates non-conformance &Trial Material reporting
- Supports and Leads complaint investigations using techniques such as 5 why and 8D.
- Supports R&D development testing, as needed
- Lab equipment calibration testing and report as needed
- Needs a high school diploma or equivalent.
- To be considered you must have a combination of 2+ years of experience of college chemistry (15 quarter credits = 1 year), AND/OR years of Industrial Laboratory experience, the sum of which totals at least 2 years
- Must possess excellent observational skills and be able to record and report them effectively (proficient in Microsoft Office especially in Excel, Word, & PowerPoint)
- Show continued scientific curiosity, enthusiasm, and initiative to learn new tasks
- Communicate well verbally and in writing
- Knowledge of adhesive lab testing procedures
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Able to work without continuous supervision
- Able to set priorities, even in difficult situations
H.B. Fuller is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Employees receive full benefits, including medical, dental, insurance, 401k contribution, paid time off and paid Holidays. All employees qualify for an annual cash bonus, based on business performance. Annual raises are based on company and individual performance.
- Job Location
- Blue Ash, Ohio, United States
- Position Type