Regional PSM Engineer/ManagerApply Now Apply Later
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
H.B. Fuller is a leading global adhesives provider focusing on perfecting adhesives, sealants and other specialty chemical products to improve products and lives. Our commitment to innovation brings together people, products and processes that answer and solve some of the world's biggest challenges. And, our promise to our people connects them with opportunities to innovate and thrive.
Regional Process Safety Engineer
Location: Ideally based out of one of our U.S. locations: Covington GA, Blue Ash OH, Houston TX, Grand Rapids MI, South Bend IN or Seneca IL.
Experienced PSM Engineer ideally from Chemical or Plastics Industry
The Global Process Safety Engineer reports to the Global Process Safety Manager and has the primary responsibility to help achieve a significant and sustained improvement in process safety performance across all regions of H.B. Fuller. The scope of this position will be to execute critical work processes that effectively reduce process safety risks and supports general process safety activities.
This position will complete activities across H.B. Fullers four distinct business regions (North America, Latin America, Europe India Middle East Asia, and Asia Pacific), which activities include: facilitating process hazard analyses, performing PSM compliance audits, standardizing PSM program elements by business technology, and assisting in the implementation of fully effective PSM programs. This position will also support other process engineering tasks such as:
- Provides support to senior process engineers, operations, and R&D personnel in product scale-ups, process improvement, and technology development.
- Internally consults with plant engineering to troubleshoot production problems; assists in designing and start-up of new processes.
- Assists in specifying new process equipment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related field; chemical engineering from an accredited college/university preferred.
- 10 + years of experience in a chemical process improvement role and applied PSM.
- 5 + years of experience and broad appreciation and understanding of Chemical Unit Operations
- 3-5 + years of experience and knowledge of regulatory requirements, engineering standards, EHS regulations, and process safety management best practices.
- 5 + years of experience with technical leadership in identifying and developing solutions around process improvement.
- 3-5 years + experience in developing and following yearly technical and business strategic plans and executing process improvement objectives aligned with those plans.
- Professional Engineering licensure preferred.
- Travel requirements of 25-30% with extended stays.
- 5 + years of experience with applying and/or developing programs for the following elements:
- RAGAGEP (recognized and generally accepted good engineering practices)
- Process Safety Management; including thorough understanding of OSHA PSM
- RMP (risk management program) or equivalent European standards (EN: CEN; CENELEC; ESTI)
- Mechanical Integrity codes and standards and implementation of effective requirements § MOC (management of change)
- PHA (process hazards analysis), including experience leading or facilitating a PHA
- PSSR (pre-start-up safety review)
- PSI (process safety information) or equivalent European experience in implementing SEVESO II (COMAH) and ATEX
Employees are eligible for full benefits, including medical, dental, insurance, 401k contribution, paid time off and paid Holidays. All employees qualify for an annual cash bonus, based on business performance. Annual raises are based on company and individual performance.
To all recruitment agencies: H.B. Fuller does not accept agency resumes unless directly engaged by Human Resources. Please do not forward any resumes to Human Resources or any employees. H.B. Fuller is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
For more information and to apply, go to: http://jobs.hbfuller.com/
H.B. Fuller is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
- Job Location
- Blue Ash, Ohio, United States
- Position Type