Geographic Sales Manager IIApply Now Apply Later
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
H.B. Fuller is a leading global adhesives provider focusing on perfecting adhesives, sealants and other specialty chemical products to improve products and lives. Our commitment to innovation brings together people, products and processes that answer and solve some of the world's biggest challenges. And, our promise to our people connects them with opportunities to innovate and thrive.
Location: Open to Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, Virginia, Maryland, Pennsylvania and other NE states
The Commercial Roofing Geographic Sales Manager (GSM) oversees the strategic development of sales within a specific Region primarily though the management of a team of Territory Sales Representatives (normally about 5-8 individual territories). The GSM will be responsible for executing the sales growth strategies for all Commercial Roofing Product lines impacted by the Field Sales Team (the individual will also have substantial input into the creation of these "sales growth strategies" as a member of the Commercial Roofing Leadership Team).
The GSM oversees all Roofing "project level" sales activity within the Region through multiple channels including OEM Field Sales efforts, Distributors, Contractor-direct sales, and our efforts to influence Roof Consultants, Specifiers and Architects. The position works closely with the Strategic (OEM) Account Managers (SAMs) to execute private label brand strategies at the OEM Accounts. The Field Sales Team implements those OEM private label strategies at the construction "project level". Additionally, the GSM is responsible for implementing the overall Regional Distribution Strategy via direct account responsibility for the Regional Offices of both Regional and National Roofing Distributors, and by directing the management of Independent Roofing Distributors through the Territory Sales Representatives. The GSM is expected to execute the Roofing Business Strategic Plan via aligning Field Level activities with Business Plan; developing annual budgets at the individual customer, the Sales Territory, and the Regional level; developing / executing distribution account strategies; growing sales at the construction project level; and managing the day-to-day operations of the Regional Field Sales Team. The qualified candidate must have the ability to hire, train, motivate, and manage the Territory Sales Representatives to achieve the annual Regional budget objective.
- Lead the Geographic Regional Sales Team and develop a team culture that that stresses high ethical standards, teamwork, and the long term career opportunity provided by H.B. Fuller.
- Implement the Roofing Business Strategy at the Field Sales Level with a focus on developing sales through the Regional Distribution Channels.
- Coordinate project-level sales activities with the Strategic OEM Account Managers to capture market share on a project-by-project basis.
- Develop and manage to the annual Field Sales Territory and plans and budgets within the Geographic Region.
- Direct Account responsibility for Regional Distributors headquartered in the Geographic Sales Region and possible responsibility for National Distributors headquartered within the Region. Development of annual sales objectives and account plans for these accounts, and key performance metrics to measure progress toward sales objectives.
- Evaluate opportunities for additional products sold through distribution including products aimed at residential roofing applications.
- Implement distribution pricing policies to assure fair competition.
- Document competitive pricing situations at the project level.
- Manage channel conflict to maximize the long term outcome for H.B. Fuller.
- Capture competitive information regarding current market trends, project intelligence, and competitors' products & strategies and communicate with the Field Sales & Distribution Manager, the Business Director and the Strategic Account Managers.
- Develops strategies for selling the value of our products in a competitive marketplace, maximizing revenue and profits and coach Field Sales Team Members to sell value.
- Manage Travel & Expense budgets strictly adhering to H.B. Fuller Company policy.
- 50 -70% travel
- The Geographic Sales Manager will manage 5-8 Field Sales Representatives in a geographical area covering up to 25 states.
- Direct budget responsibility for Distributor Headquarter Locations assigned directly to the GSM.
- Direct responsibility for all "trackable sales" at the Field Sales Level ranging from $12MM-$25MM depending on the Region.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing or Technical field, or equivalent work experience.
- 5-7 years demonstrated or proven experience in technical sales.
- Demonstrated ability to execute to an aggressive growth objective.
- Excellent analytical skills and business acumen.
- Capable of working at all levels of an organization and within matrixed organizational structure.
- Good verbal and written communication skills including ability to develop and deliver effective presentations.
- PC skills in Windows environment required (Excel, PowerPoint,) CRM experience preferred.
- Proven experience with Distributor Networks.
- Must have valid driver's license and passport, and be willing to travel.
- Excellent conflict resolution, communication and relationship building skills.
Employees are eligible for full benefits, including medical, dental, insurance, 401k contribution, paid time off and paid holidays. All employees also qualify for an annual cash bonus, based on business performance. Annual raises are rewarded based on company and individual performance.
To all recruitment agencies: H.B. Fuller does not accept agency resumes unless directly engaged by Human Resources. Please do not forward any resumes to Human Resources or any employees. H.B. Fuller is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
For more information and to apply, go to: http://jobs.hbfuller.com/
H.B. Fuller is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
- Job Location
- Boston, Massachusetts, United States
- Position Type