Project Manager EIMEAApply Now Apply Later
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
We, at H.B. Fuller embrace a shared set of beliefs and competencies that direct the way we operate and express our fundamental principals about how we will achieve success. We strive to hire talent that demonstrates our beliefs and our competencies.
The Project Manager reports to the Regional Operations Manager and has the primary responsibility to manage the execution of our upcoming grass root project in Cairo. He would be responsible from the initial concept through completion and start-up or when concept and scope is defined, he will be involved in initial detailed engineering and budgeting through completion and start-up.
Successful candidate will ensure that the project design and documentation is adequate to meet the project objectives through design reviews, safety reviews, managing the process evaluation, and managing the quality of construction as well as will be responsible for ensuring assigned projects are completed on time and on budget.
• In collaboration with Global and Regional Engineering, ensure that the Technical and Engineering design package is sufficiently defined with respect to the agreed project scope, uses HBF best practice and allows for developing a +/- 10% project cost estimate.
• Identifies, qualifies, and manages engineering firms and contractors as needed to complete capital projects.
• Managing the design consultants to ensure engineering best practices are followed including best practices from HBF and industry in general and the same is completed as per the schedule of the project and in Budget.
• Managing the contractors while executing the project in terms of Safety, quality, compliances, cost and schedule.
• Should be able to manage all aspects of the project i.e. civil, structural, architectural, mechanical, electrical, piping and Instrumentation.
• Should be proficient in using Project management tools like Gantt Charts, Microsoft project etc. for project reporting.
• Ensure that an effective project organization exists to ensure the smooth execution of the project.
• Develop a detailed project schedule that is consistent with Business objectives. Manages the EPC/EPCM to ensure that the project schedule is met.
• Manages scope compliance; escalates requested scope changes to Regional operations Manager for stakeholder approval.
• Develop and administer fiscal controls, contract and quality control of the project.
• In collaboration with the Sourcing and Legal team, involve in negotiating contracts for services, material and equipment.
• Lead the conduct of an EHS review of the design.( Both design and pre-start up hazop)
• Manages project spending to ensure we meet budget and schedule without sacrificing Quality.
• In collaboration with the Plant Manager and/or local management team, ensure the following:
• Local cultural requirements are considered in the design and execution of the project.
• All necessary permits (Construction and Operation) are secured in a timely manner.
No direct reports. Employee will lead teams of engineers, operations personnel, chemists, and contractors to design and deliver projects on time and on budget.
The Project Manager will manage all expenses authorized in capital expenditure requests. Projects will typically be in the $1MM - $20MM range.
- Required Skills
• The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate a history of innovative and effective management techniques that influences stakeholder decisions and maximize employee/contractor performance.
• Candidates with adhesive chemicals, polymers and specialty chemicals experience is preferred.
• Must have complete knowledge of design/build/construction.
• Thorough understanding of corporate processes and standards.
• Display an effective collaboration behavior to engage local teams and gain a thorough understanding of local construction industry practice, process, standards and their impact on project activities.
• Superior communication and interpersonal skills are essential for this position.
• He should be aware of Design standards required in Civil and structural aspects of a clean manufacturing building preferably in a food industry or pharma environment.
• Educational and experience requirements include: 4 year engineering degree or equivalent (prefer Chemical, Mechanical or Civil engineer), plus a minimum of ten (10) years’ experience in a construction, design and operations management environment is required. He should have independently handled projects of the magnitude of minimum 10 M USD independently as a Project Manager
• Ability to temporarily relocate to project location.
• Ability to travel whenever required, including extended stays
PLEASE NOTE: This position is initially on a contract basis for 30 months only.
- Job Location
- Cairo, Egypt
- Position Type
Recently Viewed Jobs
No jobs have been viewed recently.