Account Manager - MidWestApply Now Apply Later
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
H.B. Fuller is a leading global adhesives provider focusing on perfecting adhesives, sealants and other specialty chemical products to improve products and lives. Our commitment to innovation brings together people, products and processes that answer and solve some of the world's biggest challenges. And, our promise to our people connects them with opportunities to innovate and thrive.
Location: Base locations preferred Chicago, IL, Minneapolis/St. Paul, MN, Kansas City or St. Louis, MO
The Account Manager covers the MidWest territory from MN to AR. This 10 state territory is full of sales potential working with corrugated manufacturers, branded customers, to designing our solutions to not only build a potentially more consumer-friendly and stable package but an offering that may use less raw materials saving costs for the customer. Our sales process includes both a tape solution as well an equipment solution. Adhesive Coated Solutions (ACS) is our segment leader in this space and, after many years on the market, is seen as a high value solution for our customers. We are looking for a creative, hard-working individual who is looking to gain experience not only selling a tape and equipment solution but selling a comprehensive solution to multiple stakeholders. The position is expected to grow and retain HB Fuller's market share and customer base in the ACS adhesive market segment while achieving profit sales targets. The Account Manager is expected to demonstrate an ability to communicate and influence at all levels; be technically competent and independently able to manage demonstrations and technical problem-solving; focus on growth (larger opportunities), and optimizing price and profitability; be accountable for delivering results; and able to train & mentor entry / new sales professionals.
The Account Manager manages a territory over 4 million in revenue and includes but is not limited to the following responsibilities:
- Sales professional is accountable for delivering annual business results, aligned with business plan, sales, CM and volume
- Growth – focuses effort on delivering growth and maintains existing business to deliver plan
- Negotiates pricing and margin (aligned with the business) using value selling and the flip pricing tool to capture the optimum price and margin for HBF
- Drive customer intimacy by delivering HBF’s value proposition tailored to meet the needs of the customer
- Promote, quantify and expertly sell value, which differentiates HBF in the market and adds value to our customers
- Consistently deliver value to our customers to realize customer loyalty and minimize erosion
- Provide insight to the customer through expert application of knowledge in the industry Anticipate current and future needs of the customer through deep understanding of the customer’s business
- Promote and sell latest HBF products and technology thereby enhancing our position in the market as an innovative leader
- Begin to demonstrate the ability to teach the customer on current market trends and issues, and is able to be a strategic partner to our customers on key issues such as raw material trends
- Consistently manage activities to ensure all safety requirements are followed
- Leverage all sales processes, including salesforce.com, consistently applies the HBF sales process
- Independently technically support the customer for standard needs, including running a product demonstration and line audits
- Identify, develop and close new business opportunities and communicate forecasting needs to the business
- Intimately know the territory/industry, including developing new business pipeline
- Manage time by balancing effort between existing business and new business pipeline
- Provide timely monthly reports and all necessary internal/external communication, and collaboration with other stakeholders
- Understands competitive landscape and how to position HBF for advantage
- Implement business pricing strategy based on business guidelines, expertly delivers price increases thereby enabling prices to stick
- Provide voice of the customer feedback into the organization
- Promote and sell innovative HBF technologies that create competitive advantage and optimize value for customers
- Creates advantage through deep understanding of customer needs and accelerates sales process by selecting the right opportunities
- Has a broad understanding of markets and industry, and frequently weaves knowledge into conversations with customers
- 4 year college degree required, with a technical/mechanical, marketing, or chemistry background preferred.
- Base locations preferred Chicago, IL, Minneapolis/St. Paul, MN, Kansas City or Louis, MO
- 5+ years of relevant sales experience required, related industry experience such as adhesives preferred with B2B selling experience.
- A chemistry background is preferred.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and be willing to travel; travel 60%+ including overnight trips.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
Employees are eligible for full benefits, including medical, dental, insurance, 401k contribution, paid time off and paid holidays. This position may also qualify for medical reimbursement depending on the employee’s annual base salary. If qualified, H.B. Fuller will pay up to 100% of the employee’s medical premium. All employees also qualify for an annual cash bonus, based on business performance. Annual raises are rewarded based on company and individual performance.
To all recruitment agencies: H.B. Fuller does not accept agency resumes unless directly engaged by Human Resources. Please do not forward any resumes to Human Resources or any employees. H.B. Fuller is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
For more information and to apply, go to: http://jobs.hbfuller.com/
H.B. Fuller is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
- Job Location
- Chicago, Illinois, United States
- Position Type