Facility Technical Manager / Quality ManagerApply Now Apply Later
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
H.B. Fuller is a leading global adhesives provider focusing on perfecting adhesives, sealants and other specialty chemicals across all industries throughout the world. While our products are virtually invisible, they play a vital role in ensuring the quality of modern life and we are committed to connecting what matters to solve some of the world's biggest adhesion challenges.
Facility Technical Manager / Quality Manager ; Covington, GA
The primary objectives of the Senior Facility Technical Manager / Quality Manager position are to improve customer satisfaction, reduce defects, and improve productivity by providing plant technical and quality assurance leadership and interacting with support functions such as Research & Development, Strategic Sourcing, etc. This role also has many qualifications you might find in a Quality Manager position.
- Lead in setting, attaining, and sustaining the quality standards for the site, ensuring high levels of customer service via a right-first-time approach and monitor the day to day performance using the technical key performance indicators (KPI’s).
- This position will have direct supervision over the quality lab, and the 4 lab technicians within the lab.
- Vigorously enforce and work to improve safe manufacturing practices and assist in the compliance with all-applicable safety and environmental rules, regulations and procedures.
- Function as the in-plant expert concerning the facility’s product line and provide on-site technical expertise as a key member of the facility leadership team.
- Mentor, coach, develop, and effectively manage site personnel in such a way to foster a “best in class” quality culture.
- Champion root cause analyses and corrective/preventative actions.
- As the ISO management representative for the facility, lead the improvement and management of ISO procedures and work instructions.
- Assist in the identification and implementation of manufacturing “best practices.”
- Support new product introduction / scale-up and raw material introduction.
- Must have 5+ years of experience in the chemical industry, (at least 2 years in the Leadership/Supervisory position, or equivalent), is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, or other related field required; MBA preferred.
- Process control experience Extensive Statistical Process Control experience with proven results implementing and managing continuous improvement systems desired.
- Quality control experience in the CASE (Coatings, adhesive, sealant, and Elastomer) Industry desired.
- Proven track record of quality program management and quality improvement.
- Ability to lead and supervise others and solve problems independently.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to plan and meet deadlines.
- Familiarity with quality management systems and “Best Practices” procedures.
- Statistical Process Control experience with proven results implementing and managing continuous improvement systems.
- Experience with ASQ ISO 9000, or ISO 9000-2000
- Preferred Qualifications include:
- Knowledge of SAP or similar ERP database management systems.
- Some knowledge of the chemistry involved in the manufacturing of the products at the specific site.
- Six Sigma certification, (Green or Black Belt), experience in design for Six Sigma DFSS
- Exposure to applications using continuous improvement techniques; TQM, Problem Solving DMAIC, 8D, Fault Tree Analysis, FMEA’s, Lean Manufacturing, 5S, and etc.
Employees are eligible for benefits, including medical, dental, insurance, 401k contribution, paid time off and paid Holidays. All employees qualify for an annual cash bonus, based on business performance. Annual raises are based on company and individual performance.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities, Women, Veterans, Disabilities
- Job Location
- Covington, Georgia, United States
- Position Type