Sr. Technical Quality ManagerApply Now Apply Later
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
H.B. Fuller is a leading global adhesives provider focusing on perfecting adhesives, sealants and other specialty chemical products to improve products and lives. Our commitment to innovation brings together people, products and processes that answer and solve some of the world's biggest challenges. And, our promise to our people connects them with opportunities to innovate and thrive.
H.B. Fuller’s Hygiene, Health, and Consumables Adhesives segment provides high quality adhesive solutions used in such markets as disposable hygienic products, rigid and flexible packaging, tapes and labels, paper products, and much more. As consumer preferences and behaviors evolve, our team of market experts solve adhesive challenges that allow our customers to win in their markets.
Sr. Facility Technical Manager
Experienced Technical leader with in the Chemical or Plastics Industries
The primary objectives of the Senior Facility Technical Manager position are to improve customer satisfaction, reduce defects, and improve productivity by providing plant technical and quality assurance leadership and interacting with support functions such as Research & Development, Strategic Sourcing, etc. This role also has many qualifications you might find in a Quality Manager position.
- Lead in setting, attaining, and sustaining the quality standards for the site, ensuring high levels of customer service via a right-first-time approach and monitor the day to day performance using the technical key performance indicators (KPI’s).
- This position will have direct supervision over the quality lab, and the 4 lab technicians within the lab.
- Vigorously enforce and work to improve safe manufacturing practices and assist in the compliance with all-applicable safety and environmental rules, regulations and procedures.
- Function as the in-plant expert concerning the facility’s product line and provide on-site technical expertise as a key member of the facility leadership team.
- Mentor, coach, develop, and effectively manage site personnel in such a way to foster a “best in class” quality culture.
- Champion root cause analyses and corrective/preventative actions.
- As the ISO management representative for the facility, lead the improvement and management of ISO procedures and work instructions.
- Assist in the identification and implementation of manufacturing “best practices.”
- Support new product introduction / scale-up and raw material introduction.
- 5+ years of experience in the chemical industry, (at least 2 years in the Leadership/Supervisory position, or equivalent), is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, or other related field required; MBA preferred.
- 3 + years of experience around Extensive Statistical Process Control experience with proven results implementing and managing continuous improvement systems desired.
- 3 + years of proven experience within quality program management and quality improvement.
- 3 + years of experience as a supervisor of others and solve problems independently.
- 3 + years of hands on experience with ASQ ISO 9000, or ISO 9000-2000.
Preferred Qualifications include:
- Knowledge of SAP or similar ERP database management systems.
- Quality control experience in the CASE (Coatings, adhesive, sealant, and Elastomer) Industry desired.
- Some knowledge of the chemistry involved in the manufacturing of the products at the specific site.
- Six Sigma certification, (Green or Black Belt), experience in design for Six Sigma DFSS.
- Exposure to applications using continuous improvement techniques; TQM, Problem Solving DMAIC, 8D, Fault Tree Analysis, FMEA’s, Lean Manufacturing, 5S, and etc.
Employees are eligible for full benefits, including medical, dental, insurance, 401k contribution, paid time off and paid Holidays. All employees qualify for an annual cash bonus, based on business performance. Annual raises are based on company and individual performance.
To all recruitment agencies: H.B. Fuller does not accept agency resumes unless directly engaged by Human Resources. Please do not forward any resumes to Human Resources or any employees. H.B. Fuller is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
For more information and to apply, go to: http://jobs.hbfuller.com/
H.B. Fuller is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
- Required Skills
- Job Location
- Covington, Georgia, United States
- Position Type
Recently Viewed Jobs
No jobs have been viewed recently.