QC ChemistApply Now Apply Later
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
Quality Control testing to agreed standards.
To resolve Quality issues with respect to, Yield, Out of Specification, Rework/ Bulk, packaging/presentation, and out of control production processes.
Use of Statistical Process Control Methodology to drive product and process improvements
Support continuous improvement through participation in projects and audits.
The jobholder will act in accordance with WEHS and other H.B. Fuller Policies and Procedures.
- Required Skills
- Quality control testing of manufactured and purchased goods.
- Quality control of raw material where required through testing, review and validation of certificates of analysis.
- Quality Control of presentation related packaging for bought in and manufactured finished goods.
- To prepare and maintain Statistical Process Control Charts on manufactured products.
- Assist with the investigation and resolution of all quality related issues. This includes but is not limited to out of specification batches, shelf life and improving yield results to achieve current best practice
- Ensuring that all aspects of Occupational Health and Safety Act 1985, Dangerous Goods (Storage and Handling) Regulations 2000Occupational Health and Safety (Hazardous Substances) Regulations 1999 and any other relevant Regulations are followed.
- To assist with the minimisation of bulk and rework in line with agreed action plans and procedures.
- To ensure that records for manufactured products are maintained according to procedures and work instructions
- To ensure those Procedures, Work Instructions and other quality documents relevant to functions of Quality Control laboratory and followed and updated as changes and improvements are implemented.
- To conduct daily quality audits of products and manufacturing processes to support continuous improvement within the facility.
- To perform other duties as directed by the Facility Technical Supervisor.
- Required Experience
Essential: Tertiary Qualifications in Science/Chemistry
Willingness to work varying hours in line with business requirements.
Ability to communicate at all levels
Intermediate level computer skills in Microsoft office
Physical capabilities to lift/handle weights of up to 20kg
(b) Beneficial Training in APICS
Lean Six Sigma training (preferred Green Belt)
Quality/Process Improvement Methodology training.
Training / Experience in Chemical Industry
- Job Location
- Dandenong South, Victoria, Australia
- Position Type