Quality Control ManagerApply Now Apply Later
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
H.B. Fuller is a leading global adhesives provider focusing on perfecting adhesives, sealants and other specialty chemical products to improve products and lives. Our commitment to innovation brings together people, products and processes that answer and solve some of the world's biggest challenges. And, our promise to our people connects them with opportunities to innovate and thrive.
Facility Technical Manager
Experienced Technical Engineer with leadership experience from Chemical or Plastics Industry
The Facility Technical Manager reports to the Facility Manager and has responsibility for managing the quality effort for the assigned facility. The Facility Technical Manager is the in-plant expert concerning production of the facility’s product line, and manages the laboratory staff.
This individual will be involved in a variety of management, leadership, and technical activities including:
- Function as in-plant expert concerning the production of the facility’s product line.
- Manage and develop laboratory staff
- Become familiar with and execute productivity, yield and quality enhancement techniques and adjustments to process equipment and formulations.
- Lead timely corrective action with problem products, managing the facility’s technical resources.
- Troubleshoot quality problems, document and address issues with timely corrective actions.
- Recommend process and formulation improvements to new and existing products.
- As the ISO management representative for the facility, take the lead in the improvement and management of ISO procedures and work instructions.
- Assist in the identification and implementation of manufacturing “best practices.”
- Vigorously enforce safe manufacturing practices and assist in the compliance with all-application safety and environmental rules, regulations and procedures.
- Lead all advanced quality planning
- Quality Control on incoming raw materials
- Support new product introduction / scale-up and raw material acquisition
- Build and manage Production Models (PM) for the facility, to include running the synchronization and other queries per standard business practices for PM maintenance.
- Oversee management of rework per standard business practices guidelines.
- Proper storage of products and raw materials
- Devising / revising methods of Quality Control Analysis in collaboration with R & D
- Sample preparation and quality as required
- General Lab services and housekeeping
- Provide customer service assistance for local sales / technical service, as authorized and agreed to by the sales organization and the Facility Manager
- Assist in process design and development
- Container labeling regulations
- Batch sheet computations
- Knowledge and communication of hazardous materials shipping / storage / removal regulations
- Waste management and minimization techniques
- Technical record storage
- Maintenance and calibration of laboratory equipment
- Act in the place of the Regional Hot Melt Technical Manager, in his/her absence, as required
- Lead internal / external audits, customer visits, and benchmarking
- BS/BA Degree in Chemistry, or Chemical Engineering, or other related area.
- An alternative to a chemistry degree would be any 4-year degree with a minimum of related technical experience.
- Eight, (8) + years of prior experience in the chemical industry, [(at least 5 years in the Technical Manager position, or equivalent) 3 years for Facility Technical Manager], is required.
- 3 + years of management experience.
- High familiarity with regulatory matters: OSHA, NIOSH, RCRA, TOSCA, DOT, etc.
- 3 + years of extensive Statistical Process Control experience with proven results implementing and managing continuous improvement systems.
- 3 + years of experience with ASQ ISO 9000, or ISO 9000-2000
- 3 + years of experience with quality program management and quality improvement
- MBA, (Operations Management, Finance, Accounting)
- Knowledge of SAP or similar ERP database management systems
- Process control experience with the manufacture of Tissue and Towel products
- Quality control experience with tobacco adhesives and familiarity with the tobacco industry requirements, or FDA requirements.
- Some knowledge of the chemistry involved in the manufacturing of the products at the specific site
- Six Sigma certification, (Green or Black Belt), experience in design for Six Sigma DFSS
- Exposure to applications using continuous improvement techniques; TQM, Problem Solving DMAIC, Fault Tree Analysis, FMEA’s, Lean Manufacturing, 5S, and etc…;
- Knowledge, experience and demonstrated results improving process capability, monitored and controlled via a Capability Index.
- Prior experience with adhesives
Employees are eligible for full benefits, including medical, dental, insurance, 401k contribution, paid time off and paid Holidays. All employees qualify for an annual cash bonus, based on business performance. Annual raises are based on company and individual performance.
To all recruitment agencies: H.B. Fuller does not accept agency resumes unless directly engaged by Human Resources. Please do not forward any resumes to Human Resources or any employees. H.B. Fuller is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
For more information and to apply, go to: http://jobs.hbfuller.com/
H.B. Fuller is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
- Job Location
- Elgin, Illinois, United States
- Position Type