Account Manager, Inside SalesApply Now Apply Later
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
The Inside Sales Representative reports to the Inside Sales Lead. The purpose of this position is to manage smaller customers, and gain sales through new or inactive customers, to grow them until it is cost effective for them to be managed through our Outside Sales organization. This position is the sole single-point-of-contact for his/her assigned customers (typically determined by sales volume and/or transactions), to ensure customer satisfaction is achieved; and assist in achieving the company in meeting its set goals for revenue, profit, receivables, on-time and fill-rate, quality and safety. In addition this position is expected to identify opportunities to reduce cost, improve efficiency, quality and maintain a team environment.
This individual will be the front line to customers and will work with both internal and external customers, primarily over the phone. Portraying a positive, professional, friendly and helpful company image is critical. This position has a variety of responsibilities required to manage, grow and solicit new business to meet their assigned customer’s needs and expectations including, but not limited to:
50% SALES GENERATION
- Increase revenue through new lead generation, new sales to inactive customers and increase sales to existing assigned customers.
- Create sales tools to assist in achieving sales growth.
50% CUSTOMER MANAGEMENT
- Single-Point-of-Contact to customer. Ensure your customer’s needs and expectations are met. Follow through with requests to completion.
- Contact customers who haven’t purchased within 3 months to understand why and take necessary actions to drive future ordering.
- New customer orientation
- Conduct introduction and provide welcome packet
- Follow-up after first order making sure their first transaction with us was highly satisfactory to them
IN SUPPORT OF PRIMARY DUTIES
- Ensure orders are entered on-time, entered with 98% accuracy and shipped on-time.
- Orders should be entered and available to Operations the same day as received, this includes EDI and manually entered orders, those received after 3:00 pm local facility time may be processed the following day.
- Review orders daily, and maintenance as needed. Orders should have accurate prices, terms, customer information, dates, item numbers, quantities, shipping instructions, etc.
- Review orders daily to ensure we ship by the Ship Date, and orders are scheduled according to any weight requirements or specifications. Items in stock should be expedited through best possible means from one of our warehouses. Items that are out of stock should be prioritized/expedited through Production Planning, and customer contacted to advise them of estimated ship date. Orders on credit hold should be reviewed with the Credit department for release. Contact the customer to advise when orders cannot be released due to payment issues. Ensure there are no open orders for non-saleable items and rush orders are processed properly.
- Process Change Order Notices within 1 hour of receipt.
- First attempt to resolve order discrepancies should be done same day order is entered. Daily verbal follow-up required until discrepancy is resolved.
- Maintain pricing, entered with 98% accuracy
- Approved quotes and pricing should be processed the same day as received. Those received after 3:00 pm local facility time may be processed the following day.
- Manage CPAs according to effective dates. As expirations dates approach lead efforts with Sales and/or Marketing to ensure new pricing is in effect on-time so prevent disruption to order processing
Ensure they are processed and entered accurately, entered on-time, and invoiced on-time
- Complete necessary documentation, properly research, obtain required authorization and support documents. Notify Operations of their discrepancies within 1 day of customer notification. Forward approved RGAs to customers.
- Enter all stock affecting credits and debits within the same fiscal month that we receive the product. Process warranty credits within 2 days of receipt. Process remaining credits and debits within 14 days from the Order Date, or by month-end, whichever comes first.
- Process new RGA requests within 2 days or receipt. Invoice RGAs within 1 day of receipt, or by month-end, whichever comes first.
- Expedite partially received RGAs and past due RGAs, credits and debits.
- Contact customers regarding rejected returns and disposition of product per customer’s request within 14 days of receipt.
SALES ORDER FORM
- Update accordingly based on conversations, promotions, customer freight or shipping requirements, etc.
- Create new customer bill-to, sold-to and ship-to addresses. Ensure customer’s address information, contacts, terms, etc., are entered and maintained accurately. Modify as necessary based on information provided by the customer, Sales and/or the Credit department.
- Respond to inquiries received by internal and external customers within 4 hours or by end of day, whichever is sooner.
- Assist in executing new or changes to existing Sales and Marketing programs through our customers, Sales, and Operations. Coordinate with our customers to ensure that their systems are properly set-up with all our necessary vendor information and program specifications.
SERVICE, COMMUNICATION & TEAMWORK
- Improve service through continually meeting and interacting with our customers and other internal departments to maintain your knowledge of products, programs, customer’s needs, new products, stock availability and the production plan.
- Actively participate on teams. Contributing skills and appropriate knowledge to drive to solutions and results.
- Know our product lines, their distribution channels, the benefits of our products, basic technical knowledge and competitive information, etc, for the products we manufacture and distribute.
PROCESS, POLICY & STANDARDS
- Knowledge and compliance to all pertinent processes, policies and standards, both departmental and company-wide, needed to perform your primary responsibilities.
The individual in this position is also required to provide complete support and back-up to the Inside Sales team during times of absence or as needed to complete workflow. And also aid the department by answering the telephone and responding to emails, and other inquiries and requests required to assist in the proper completion of all Inside Sales responsibilities.
- Required Skills
- High school diploma or equivalency.
- Minimum 5 years Sales, Marketing or Customer Service related experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Advanced PC skills: Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Windows, typing and 10-key data entry.
- Excellent communication skills: written, telephone, speaking, reading and listening.
- Individuals in the position must be results oriented, organized, able to multi-task, work in a fast paced team environment and possess a strong customer-focused attitude: highly personable, accurate, relates well with people, service oriented, and a positive attitude.
- Ability to meet and exceed customer satisfaction, and resolve dissatisfaction.
- Effectively manage work situation of moderate degree of complexity, which could impact company image and/or sales dollars and cost.
- General office equipment: fax, copier, scanner, etc.
- Demonstrates proficiency in the following competencies:
- Responsive to change – Adapts (quickly) to changing circumstances
- Individually responsible for results – Engages in activities and experiences that strengthen contribution to the organization
- Model collaboration and commitment – Focuses on team success before individual success
- Focus on customers – Creates an experience for customers – delights customers by providing exceptional value and service
- Demonstrates operational excellence – Continually looks for new and better ways to get things done and shows functional/technical proficiency in work
- Demonstrates effective self management – Seeks to understand and act upon improvement opportunities
- Accountability for Results – Translates goals/objectives into actionable plans and results
- Build and lead effective teams – Attracts and retains the best people. Optimizes peak performance through development & coachin
- Foster change and innovation - Seeks solutions that strengthen quality, value, service and effectiveness
- Create value for customers - Anticipates and responds to market trends and opportunities
- Demonstrate business acumen and business agility - Demonstrates functional/technical proficiency, engages in effective operational and strategic planning
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Sales or Marketing
- Bi-lingual Spanish
- 75% of time sitting, 25% walking, standing, bending
- 60% of time spent on the phone
- 10% travel
- Achieving specified metrics
- Specific goals and objectives
- Demonstration of company competencies
- % Increase of Advantage Growth - %
- Total Sales Increase in $ - %
- % Increase in Sales to new customers - %
- Job Location
- Tlalnepantla, México, Mexico
- Position Type
Recently Viewed Jobs
No jobs have been viewed recently.