Finance Business Partner - Manufacturing; Toronto, OntarioApply Now Apply Later
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
H.B. Fuller is a leading global adhesives provider focusing on perfecting adhesives, sealants and other specialty chemical products to improve products and lives. Our commitment to innovation brings together people, products and processes that answer and solve some of the world's biggest challenges. And, our promise to our people connects them with opportunities to innovate and thrive.
H.B. Fuller is seeking an experienced Finance Business Partner (FBP) to support the Utility & Infrastructure (U&I) and Roofing business units for the Construction Adhesives business unit of H.B. Fuller. This individual must have experience in a manufacturing industry. The Roofing and U&I segments contribute $225M of the entire Construction Adhesives segment revenue, which is in excess of $430M. This position will be located in Toronto, Ontario Canada.
The Finance Business Partner reports directly to the Finance Director, Construction Adhesives Operations and will partner with the Construction Adhesives business directors and Toronto site leadership.
This is a critical role in finance with responsibility and involvement across a broad range of financial and management areas. The primary objective of this position is to optimize business financial results by proactively monitoring financial trends and performance metrics and responding with value-added analysis to facilitate decision making. Specific activities include financial planning and forecasting, pricing and margin analysis, operational review support, budgeting, support of strategic initiatives and business expansion, and providing value-added financial insight to the Construction Adhesives leadership team.
The primary responsibilities include areas of reporting and analysis, forecasting and budgeting, and projects.
Financial Reporting and Analysis (50%)
- Deliver comprehensive analysis of the financial results at each month and quarter end, so the commercial and operations teams are clear about the status of their financial results (what is going well, what is not and why); comparisons to budget, prior year and outlook.
- Review results with business directors to understand key drivers, root causes and counter measures to be taken.
- Analyze and understand the impact of unusual items that skew the interpretation of the true financial performance.
- Investigate results that do not line up with expectations and follow up on any corrections and long term root cause resolution needed.
- Breakdown the performance by relevant segments to understand the key drivers.
- Executes appropriate processes targeted at accurate and timely data management and analysis. This includes both the data mining aspect of getting the right information, doing the analysis of the data, and delivering it to the business partners to use in their role with the business and functional leaders.
- Provides monthly variance analysis and signals key messages from the data.
- “Power user” of the reporting systems (BI, etc.) and a source of training and support for the region.
- Research underlying files in ERP system to develop and administer spreadsheets and databases utilizing Access, Excel or AS400 queries to streamline processes and reporting.
- Provide finance support and analysis for new business, pricing analysis, customer rebates and system initiatives.
- Utilize, assist in development and administer advanced tools for reporting and information.
- Collaborate to drive improvement projects to support the budget commitment and increase cash flow.
Forecasting, Budgeting, and Strategic Planning Support (50%)
- Collaborate to develop a financial outlook (forecast) for commercial business directors (updated monthly, quarterly per corporate direction); focus on outlook accuracy and determining the most likely scenario for the balance of the year; outlook should factor in changes in pricing, volume, raw material costs and mix.
- Collaborate to develop a financial budget in collaboration with business directors; ensure the team understands where and how they are expected to succeed and be accountable to deliver the budget.
- Collaborate with other members of the business on the strategic plan refresh exercises.
Special and Ad Hoc Projects / Other (10%)
- This position will be called on fulfill project roles to support the business needs.
- Create tools to enable the financial evaluation of special projects/circumstances facing the business units.
- BA or BS degree in Accounting or Finance and 7+ years of experience in accounting and/or financial analysis in a manufacturing company/companies.
- Strong knowledge of accounting, financial analysis, and cost accounting concepts with a commercial focus.
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills and support a collaborative working style.
- Must possess strong oral and written communication skills to be able to interact with other members of the team, deal with conflict effectively, document results, and present information.
- Must possess excellent analytical skills to ensure accurate preparation and reporting of financial results.
- Must be able to function within a matrixed environment that is organizationally dispersed.
- Must possess strong organizational skills to plan and organize own work and meet strict deadlines.
- Self-starter with desire for continuous improvement.
- Highly proficient in use of Excel and be proficient in Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Experience in systems, data development and retrieval. ERP system experience.
- Able to speak English proficiently and communicate effectively
- Preferred Qualifications include: Database tools (like access), Business Intelligence tools, HFM, and CPA or CMA desired.
Employees are eligible for full benefits, including medical, dental, insurance, 401k contribution, paid time off and paid holidays. All employees also qualify for an annual cash bonus, based on business performance. Annual raises are rewarded based on company and individual performance.
To all recruitment agencies: H.B. Fuller does not accept agency resumes unless directly engaged by Human Resources. Please do not forward any resumes to Human Resources or any employees. H.B. Fuller is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
For more information and to apply, go to: http://jobs.hbfuller.com/
H.B. Fuller is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
- Job Location
- Etobicoke, Ontario, Canada
- Position Type