Plant Manager IIIApply Now Apply Later
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
H.B. Fuller is a leading global adhesives provider focusing on perfecting adhesives, sealants and other specialty chemical products to improve products and lives. Our commitment to innovation brings together people, products and processes that answer and solve some of the world's biggest challenges. And, our promise to our people connects them with opportunities to innovate and thrive.
H.B. Fuller Construction Products (a subsidiary of H.B. Fuller Company) is a leading provider of technologically advanced solutions to the commercial, industrial and residential construction industry. Headquartered in Aurora, Illinois, the company’s recognized and trusted brands - TEC®, CHAPCO®, Grout Boost®, Foster®, ProSpec and others - are available through an extensive network of distributors and dealers, as well as home improvement retailers.
Experienced Plant Leader from Chemical or Plastics Industry
The Plant Manager is responsible for serving the customer by creating and maintaining a clean, safe, highly productive facility, while making the most efficient and cost conscious use of the equipment, materials, and employees to produce high quality products on first pass production runs. The Plant Manager will work with the management team to make Toronto a great place to work, where employees are engaged and have the opportunity for career growth. The Plant Manager is responsible for developing and gaining support for both the operating and capital budgets. S/he will drive continuous improvement efforts and will achievement of plant goals and objectives. As the senior management representative at the location, the Plant Manager is expected to be the voice of the company and effectively communicate the company’s positions and decisions on a timely basis.
- Vigorously enforce safe manufacturing practices and ensure compliance with all-application safety and environmental rules, regulations and procedures.
- Set and maintain standards that ensure on-time delivery of quality products that meet customer needs.
- Control costs through close management of the operational and capital budgets and by identifying, prioritizing and pursuing continuous improvement projects.
- Determine facility headcount required and manage planning and approvals. Guide management team in recruiting, hiring, development and termination activities to meet business needs.
- Function as an in-plant expert concerning the production of the plant’s product line.
- Manage the managers in the plant. Groom and mentor potential successors for plant and operations leadership roles across the network.
- Maintain performance excellence by holding the team accountable for both rewarding results and managing employees who do not meet performance expectations. Ensure timely and data driven corrective action with problem products, marshaling the facility and business unit technical resources.
- Provide innovative solutions to customer issues by leading collaborative efforts to address all issues. Hear and leverage the ideas of others to prioritize, create and deliver innovative solutions.
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with commercial, marketing, operations, HR, Finance and R&D partners. Facilitate collaborative teamwork within the facility and with external partners. Manage stakeholder expectations. Prioritize work to effectively focus on critical items and deliver quality results by deadline.
- Lead significant change to position the facility to support explosive sales growth in the region. Effectively communicate throughout the organization the vision, path, milestones, resources, progress and impact of change.
- Identify, implement and share manufacturing “best practices”.
- Support new product introduction / scale-up and raw material acquisition.
- Administer merit pay programs within the provided guidelines.
- Hear and address employee problems and concerns appropriately in partnership with management team and HR.
- Effectively lead projects across the network.
- Degree in a Technical discipline (Engineering, Chemistry).
- 5-years + experience leading a manufacturing operation as site leader.
- 10-years + experience in batch manufacturing supervisory role.
- 5 + years of experience and expertise in managing significant change within a manufacturing operating environment.
- 3 + years of experience managing both large and small capital projects.
- 5 + years of experience in Safety Management with demonstrated results.
- 3 + years of experience with Quality Management Systems with demonstrated results.
- MBA, (Operations Management, Finance, Accounting).
- Knowledge of ERP database management systems.
- Six Sigma certification, (Green or Black Belt).
- LEAN certification.
- Prior experience with manufacturing of building materials and/or bag filling operations.
- Experience in warehouse operations and distribution.
Employees receive full benefits, including medical, dental, insurance, 401k contribution, paid time off and paid Holidays. All employees qualify for an annual cash bonus, based on business performance. Annual raises are based on company and individual performance.
For more information and to apply, go to: http://jobs.hbfuller.com/
H.B. Fuller is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
- Job Location
- Etobicoke, Canada
- Position Type