Production Operator IApply NowApply Later
H.B. Fuller is a leading global adhesives provider focusing on perfecting adhesives, sealants and other specialty chemical products to improve products and lives. Our commitment to innovation brings together people, products and processes that answer and solve some of the world's biggest challenges. And, our promise to our people connects them with opportunities to innovate and thrive.
H.B. Fuller’s Engineering Adhesives segment develops adhesive solutions for the automotive and aerospace, wood and composite, electronics and energy, glass, durable assembly, and bus, truck, rail and recreational vehicle industries. As these dynamic markets continue to change, and consumers demand lighter, safer, greener and more reliable products, we partner with our customers to deliver highly engineered solutions.
The Production Operator must have the ability to follow data sheet and instructions on mixing batches of compound, manual liquid adds.
- Follows, without exception, all work instructions and safety rules, including use of all PPE and safety equipment
- Participates in the general housekeeping of plant and work area
- Understands basic monitoring of assigned equipment including start up-shut down & lockout/tag-out procedures for equipment responsibilities
- Monitors and reports any warning lights promptly
- Able to demonstrate fork lift proficiency (pending formal training)
- Maintains expected quality standards
- Able to use digital scales in metric and US standard units
- Properly loads mixers
- Able to complete required data entry into production systems, accurately, with some assistance
- Generally performs, with supervision, entry level production tasks which include:
- Operating processing equipment
- Moves and stages materials
- Packages products
- Enters data into the computer system
- Monitors equipment, keeping processes running at desired run rates.
- Able to use and monitor computerized display and control screens
- Works under direction from peers, team leaders, & shift managers
- Maintains proper documentation including batch tickets and partial bags.
- Generally assists in preparation of batches and operation of processing equipment.
- Team player
- Good oral and written communication skills. Able to properly use plant radios and intercom system
- Works mandatory overtime as required.
- Participates and contributes through involvement with teams
- Demonstrates a willingness to assist co-workers in areas outside of their direct responsibility
- Routinely prepares batches, follows work instructions, and operates equipment properly, with some supervision.
- Consistently meets production goals.
- Can perform plant specific requirements for progression
- Must have no attendance issues (always on time; under 5 unscheduled absences).
- While performing the duties of this position the employee is regularly required to stand.
- The employee is frequently required to walk, climb stairs, use hands to remove or lift boxes, stretch and reach with arms extended, and stoop.
- The employee must, regularly, lift and / or move up to 50 pounds, alone, and occasionally lift and / or move more than 100 pounds, with assistance.
- High school diploma or GED equivalency
- Good math, reading, communication, and organizational skills
- Must display fundamental computer literacy.
- Lean Six Sigma
- Able to use, facility specific, PLC based process control systems used in the manufacturing process.
Employees are eligible for full benefits, including medical, dental, insurance, 401k contribution, paid time off and paid holidays. This position may also qualify for medical reimbursement depending on the employee’s annual base salary. If qualified, H.B. Fuller will pay up to 100% of the employee’s medical premium. All employees also qualify for an annual cash bonus, based on business performance. Annual raises are rewarded based on company and individual performance.
To all recruitment agencies: H.B. Fuller does not accept agency resumes unless directly engaged by Human Resources. Please do not forward any resumes to Human Resources or any employees. H.B. Fuller is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
For more information and to apply, go to: http://jobs.hbfuller.com/
H.B. Fuller is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Recently Viewed Jobs
No jobs have been viewed recently.