Scientist IIApply Now Apply Later
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
H.B. Fuller is a leading global adhesives provider focusing on perfecting adhesives, sealants and other specialty chemical products to improve products and lives. Our commitment to innovation brings together people, products and processes that answer and solve some of the world's biggest challenges. And, our promise to our people connects them with opportunities to innovate and thrive.
Location: Frankfort, Illinois
The Anaerobic Adhesive Scientist III will have experience in chemical, coatings, or the plastics industry will be involved in a variety of research, development and technical service activities, including conducting and analyzing experiments on organic and inorganic substances to determine and evaluate their chemical and physical properties and to investigate their applications to industry. Carrying out experiments to improve upon or to duplicate materials and substances, and engaging in research to develop new methods of processing or production to meet customer needs.
- Appling and interpreting standard scientific theories, concepts and techniques.
- Managing and completing multiple projects independently, drawing conclusions, articulating results and their meaning, including value propositions and business impact.
- Supporting product or process demonstrations.
- Identifying and developing solutions to problems where causal relationships can be identified and some precedence may exist.
- Documenting test results and making process improvement recommendations.
- Using statistical analysis tools and Design of Experiments (DOE) with guidance.
- Contributing as a member on one or more cross-functional functional teams.
- Documenting project updates and executing projects using project management methodologies.
- Fulfilling responsibilities as required by the Quality System for the site/business unit.
- Working in a safe and efficient manner.
- Bachelors Degree in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering and 3 years of professional industry experience OR Masters Degree in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering and 1 year of professional industry experience.
- Strongly prefer experience with anaerobic adhesives, adhesive formulation,
- epoxy chemistry, or coatings experience
- Demonstrated ability to manage and complete multiple projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrated understanding and application of business acumen, including value propositions
- Ability to design experiments (DOE) with guidance
- Effective at time management
- Good Communication Skills
- Collaborative Style
- Bias for Action
Employees are eligible for full benefits, including medical, dental, insurance, 401k contribution, paid time off and paid holidays. All employees also qualify for an annual cash bonus, based on business performance. Annual raises are rewarded based on company and individual performance.
To all recruitment agencies: H.B. Fuller does not accept agency resumes unless directly engaged by Human Resources. Please do not forward any resumes to Human Resources or any employees. H.B. Fuller is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
For more information and to apply, go to: http://jobs.hbfuller.com/
H.B. Fuller is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
- Required Skills
- Job Location
- Frankfort, Illinois, United States
- Position Type