H.B. Fuller employees click here to apply for current openings.
Fridley, Minnesota;Apply Now Apply Later
H.B. Fuller is a leading global adhesives provider focusing on perfecting adhesives and sealants across all industries throughout the world. While our products are virtually invisible, they play a vital role in ensuring the quality of modern life and we are committed to connecting what matters to solve some of the world's biggest adhesion challenges.
The Maintenance Mechanic reports to the Maintenance Manager and has primary responsibility for performing mechanical equipment maintenance for the assigned facility.
- Follows, without exception, all work instructions and safety rules, including the use of all PPE and safety gear. Reinforces the instructions and rules with peers
- Contributes to the general housekeeping of the entire plant area, and the assigned area in the maintenance “shop.”
- Practices safety in all actions, including start up-shut down & lockout / tag out procedures for all responsibilities.
- Exhibits excellent forklift / highboy skills. Must be trained on all lifts used in the plant.
- Knowledge of OSHA requirements as they pertain to daily activities.
- Specific safety knowledge with respect to the plant and equipment
- Researches improved and compatible equipment that will standardize equipment types which eliminates the need for a wide variety of spare parts and vendors.
- Fulfills the responsibilities as required for the Quality System for the plant.
- Works with the CMMS to schedule preventive maintenance in a manner to avoid unnecessary down time for production.
- Completes, maintains, and processes all necessary documents pertaining to repairs, purchases and other appropriate activities.
- Displays strong, problem-solving skills.
- Trains other maintenance mechanics, and maintenance helpers.
- Examines plant systems to diagnose problems and prevent failures.
- Provides maintenance on plant electrical, mechanical, HVAC, plumbing, and other systems, plus general maintenance, with limited supervision.
- “Troubleshoots” problems to determine the most cost effective solution. Consults with Facility Engineer, and presents results and alternatives.
- Cleans, lubricates, and adjusts mechanical parts as necessary.
- Within the scope of knowledge, and abilities, installs new equipment.
- Works under the guidance of peers, master mechanics, or the Facility Engineer
- Performs general maintenance work
- Displays team player characteristics.
- Works under minimal direction and supervision. Work is subject to inspection and checks.
- Displays strong oral and written communication skills.
- Uses plant radios, and intercom system in an appropriate manner.
- Recognizes the ”customer" and is flexible in changing priorities as required by the customer
- High school diploma or GED equivalency
- Strong math, reading, communication, and organizational skills
- A combination of 5+ years of technical training and experience
- Solid working knowledge of computer applications (MS Office suite, internet accessibility).
- Knowledge of various trade fundamentals sufficient to deal with general repairs.
- Must posses skills in mechanics (pumps, mixers, machinery repair), and electrical, including basic PLC troubleshooting.
- Requires demonstrated ability to perform all job duties.
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Ability to maintain good documentation
- Ability to perform with a minimal amount of supervision
- Familiarity with CMMS, preventive and predictive maintenance.
- Certified to work on refrigeration equipment.
- Pipefitting, and related skills.
- Strong mechanical and electrical backgrounds.
- Computer experience.
- PLC experience with programming and troubleshooting skills.
- Machining skills.
- While performing the duties of this position the employee is regularly required to stand.
- The employee is frequently required to walk, climb stairs, use hands to remove or lift boxes, stretch and reach with arms extended, and stoop.
- The employee must, regularly, lift and / or move up to 50 pounds, alone, and occasionally lift and / or move more than 100 pounds, with assistance.
Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, and geographic location.The salary for this role is $30/hr and up based on experience.
In addition to your salary, H.B. Fuller offers employees a competitive total rewards package including comprehensive benefits, incentive and recognitions programs, health & wellness benefits, 401K contributions, paid time off and paid holidays. Eligibility may vary.
H.B. Fuller is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and proud to have created a collaborative culture where employees around the world are seen, heard, and respected. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, or marital status or status as a protected veteran, or any other legally protected classification.
H.B. Fuller does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters, employment agencies, or staffing firms. To conduct business with H.B. Fuller, a written service agreement must be executed by Human Resources prior to submitting any information relating to a potential candidate. Without a signed service agreement, H.B. Fuller shall not be obligated for payment of any fee or compensation.
Recently Viewed Jobs
No jobs have been viewed recently.