Production Operator I NAApply NowApply Later
H.B. Fuller is a leading global adhesives provider focusing on perfecting adhesives, sealants and other specialty chemical products to improve products and lives. Our commitment to innovation brings together people, products and processes that answer and solve some of the world's biggest challenges. And, our promise to our people connects them with opportunities to innovate and thrive.
H.B. Fuller’s Engineering Adhesives segment develops adhesive solutions for the automotive and aerospace, wood and composite, electronics and energy, glass, durable assembly, and bus, truck, rail and recreational vehicle industries. As these dynamic markets continue to change, and consumers demand lighter, safer, greener and more reliable products, we partner with our customers to deliver highly engineered solutions.
The Production Operator reports to the Shift Manager and has responsibility for packaging product according to packaging specifications for that products (weight, labeling, and lot coding). The Production Operator is responsible for producing the right product, in the right package, with the right labeling as measured against quality assurance specifications for the product. Production Operators must follow safety guidelines and must achieve planned production rates.
- Follow, without exception, all work instructions and safety rules, including use of all PPE and safety equipment.
- 5%: Participate in the general housekeeping of plant and work area
- 5%: Attend production startup meetings to receive days assignment
- 5%: Go through startup check list, checking equipment, product assigned to equipment against quality assurance specifications. Pull packages to test the weight and run through lot coding equipment to check that the lot code is correct for standard. Re-verify that the packaging material is correct.
- 55:%: Run production on assigned line to achieve planned production run rates within quality specification.
- 10%: As required during the run, review package weights and lot codes.
- Understand basic monitoring of assigned equipment including start up-shut down & lockout/tag-out procedures.
- 5%: Monitor and report any warning lights promptly. Report any quality or production issues to supervisor.
- Work under direction of team leaders and shift managers
- 10%: Maintain proper documentation
- Participate and contribute through involvement with teams
- 5%: Model H.B. Fuller Strategic Competencies
- Work mandatory overtime as required
- High school diploma or GED equivalency
- Strong problem solving and process improvement skills
- Basic math skills including adding, subtracting, multiplying, percentages, weighing, measuring, and weight conversion.
- Ability to read and comprehend verbal and written directions.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Must be able to comprehend and follow production directions and safety guidelines
- Effective organizational skills
- Must be able to log into a computer, access Company systems, perform basic data entry accurately and learn and use an ERP system.
- Able to use digital scales in metric and/or US standard units per plant specifications to weigh finished goods and raw materials
- Able to accurately complete required data entry into production systems.
- Able to use and monitor computerized display and control screens
- Customer Focus
- Performance Excellence
- Change and Risk Taking
- Familiarity with disciplined process improvement tools
- Able to use, facility specific, PLC based process control systems used in the manufacturing process.
- While performing the duties of this position the employee is regularly required to stand.
- The employee is frequently required to walk, climb stairs, use hands to remove or lift boxes, stretch and reach with arms extended, and stoop
- The employee is using proper lifting ergonomics and hands to lift and load 50 pounds bags/boxes of raw materials frequently.
- The employee must, regularly, lift and / or move 50+ pounds, alone, and occasionally lift and / or move more than 100 pounds, with assistance.
Employees are eligible for full benefits, including medical, dental, insurance, 401k contribution, paid time off and paid holidays. This position may also qualify for medical reimbursement depending on the employee’s annual base salary. If qualified, H.B. Fuller will pay up to 100% of the employee’s medical premium. All employees also qualify for an annual cash bonus, based on business performance. Annual raises are rewarded based on company and individual performance.
To all recruitment agencies: H.B. Fuller does not accept agency resumes unless directly engaged by Human Resources. Please do not forward any resumes to Human Resources or any employees. H.B. Fuller is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
For more information and to apply, go to: http://jobs.hbfuller.com/
H.B. Fuller is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Recently Viewed Jobs
No jobs have been viewed recently.