Production Operator IIIApply Now Apply Later
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
H.B. Fuller is a leading global adhesives provider focusing on perfecting adhesives, sealants and other specialty chemicals across all industries throughout the world. While our products are virtually invisible, they play a vital role in ensuring the quality of modern life and we are committed to connecting what matters to solve some of the world's biggest adhesion challenges.
H.B. Fuller Construction Products (a subsidiary of H.B. Fuller Company) is a leading provider of technologically advanced solutions to the commercial, industrial and residential construction industry. Headquartered in Aurora, Illinois, the company’s recognized and trusted brands - TEC®, CHAPCO®, Grout Boost®, Foster®, ProSpec and others - are available through an extensive network of distributors and dealers, as well as home improvement retailers. For more information, visit www.hbfuller-cp.com
Production Operator III
H.B. Fuller is seeking an experienced Production Operator for our Gainesville, FL location to be responsible for a variety of tasks including operating processing equipment, moving and staging materials, packaging products, and entering data into the computer systems.
The Production Operator will have responsibilities including, but not limited to:
- Follows, without exception, all work instructions and safety rules, including use of all PPE and safety equipment
- Participates in the general housekeeping of plant and work area
- Understands basic monitoring of assigned equipment including start up-shut down & lockout/tag-out procedures for equipment responsibilities
- Monitors and reports any warning lights promptly
- Able to demonstrate fork lift proficiency (pending formal training)
- Maintains expected quality standards
- Able to use digital scales in metric and US standard units
- Properly loads mixers
- Able to complete required data entry into production systems, accurately, with some assistance
- Monitors equipment, keeping processes running at desired run rates
- Able to use and monitor computerized display and control screens
- Works under direction from peers, team leaders, & shift managers
- Maintains proper documentation including batch tickets and partial bags.
- Generally assists in preparation of batches and operation of processing equipment.
- High school diploma or GED equivalency
- 4+ years of related experience, or 3+ years production experience at H.B. Fuller
- Minimum 2 years at Production II, or equivalent, or relevant external experience
- Good math, reading, communication, and organizational skills
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Demonstrate strong computer literacy
- Physical requirements of this role include: Regular standing, walking, climbing stairs, using hands to remove or lift boxes, stretch and reach with arms extended, and stoop. The employee must, regularly, lift and / or move up to 50 pounds, alone, and occasionally lift and / or move more than 100 pounds, with assistance.
- Required to work overtime as needed.
- Preferred Qualifications include: Lean Six Sigma, and at least 1 year experience using PLC based process control systems used in the manufacturing process
For more information and to apply, go to: http://jobs.hbfuller.com/
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities, Women, Veterans, Disabilities
- Job Location
- Gainesville, Florida, United States
- Position Type