Process Improvement EngineerApply Now Apply Later
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
H.B. Fuller is a leading global adhesives provider focusing on perfecting adhesives, sealants and other specialty chemical products to improve products and lives. Our commitment to innovation brings together people, products and processes that answer and solve some of the world's biggest challenges. And, our promise to our people connects them with opportunities to innovate and thrive.
H.B. Fuller’s Engineering Adhesives segment develops adhesive solutions for the automotive and aerospace, wood and composite, electronics and energy, glass, durable assembly, and bus, truck, rail and recreational vehicle industries. As these dynamic markets continue to change, and consumers demand lighter, safer, greener and more reliable products, we partner with our customers to deliver highly engineered solutions.
Process Improvement Engineer
Grand Rapids MI
Experienced Process Improvement Engineer from Chemical or Plastics Industry
The Process Improvement Engineer reports to Facility Technical Manager and has primary responsibility to apply both theoretical and practical engineering principles to provide guidance and leadership in areas of process design, capital execution, process improvement, and technology development.
- Lead, facilitate and/or participate as a subject matter expert in structured problem-solving methodologies (Six Sigma, “LEAN”, 8D)
- Work on improvements to existing processes to improve product and process quality by monitoring and conducting planned experimentation for critical to process parameters. Utilize structured problem-solving methods to identify root causes and solutions for process problems.
- Will lead by example in the areas of safety improvement and the application of quality measures.
- Has the ability to analyze and interpret data; should be able to propose hypotheses as explanations of phenomena, and design experimental studies to test (disprove) these hypotheses.
- Conducts routine engineering calculations in unit operations analysis in support of manufacturing and process development; assist team members by performing assigned phases of work in more complex engineering problems and innovative engineering solutions.
- Provides mentorship/coaching of team members.
- Involved in training plant and operations personnel in new process technology and writing standard operating procedures for new equipment and process methods. Ensure proper design/safety reviews are conducted and proper management of change procedures are adhered.
- Leads feasibility studies and testing of new process improvements. Participates in interplant technology transfers as needed.
- Performs product and process trials at manufacturing sites and is involved in process setup, equipment installation, testing, and report generation.
- Provides leadership in the planning of process design and execution of capital expansion projects aligned with company goals. May include commissioning and documentation of new and existing facilities.
- BSE Degree from ABET accredited or regional equivalent engineering and Minimum 3 years' practical experience in Process, R&D, or Applications industry.
- Minimum 2 + years functioning in plant environment supporting day-to-day manufacturing.
- 2 + years of experience driving improvements from concept to implementation and capital project support experience
- Ability to travel regionally and/or globally up to 5+% of the time
- Certifications: LEAN, Six Sigma (or other problem-solving methodology), CPM
- Experience in a PSM facility
Employees are eligible for full benefits, including medical, dental, insurance, 401k contribution, paid time off and paid holidays. This position may also qualify for medical reimbursement depending on the employee’s annual base salary. If qualified, H.B. Fuller will pay up to 100% of the employee’s medical premium. All employees also qualify for an annual cash bonus, based on business performance. Annual raises are rewarded based on company and individual performance.
To all recruitment agencies: H.B. Fuller does not accept agency resumes unless directly engaged by Human Resources. Please do not forward any resumes to Human Resources or any employees. H.B. Fuller is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
For more information and to apply, go to: http://jobs.hbfuller.com/
H.B. Fuller is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
- Job Location
- Grand Rapids, Michigan, United States
- Position Type
Recently Viewed Jobs
No jobs have been viewed recently.