Lab Technician II R4Apply Now Apply Later
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
The Lab Technician II position supports research and development activities focused on strategic business markets based on Hot Melt technology. This function reports to a laboratory Scientist, Sr. Scientist or Section Leader position.
This position is located in Guangzhou China.
This individual will be responsible for preparing and conducting application testing in the HB Fuller technology line of hot melt chemistry. This would include securing raw materials, preparing samples, measuring physical properties and testing performance properties and running technical center equipment.
This is a hands-on, lab bench work position. Responsibility also includes maintaining and ensuring test equipment is in good working order. In addition, the Technician II must manage the inventory of raw materials, standard substrates and finished products.
The Technician II must be able to perform complex, simultaneous laboratory tasks and procedures accurately, and in a timely fashion. They must demonstrate ability to communicate well with fellow employees, suppliers and customers and must have the ability to take a problem in its most basic form and reach a satisfactory conclusion with little supervision. They must possess the ability to be flexible and to quickly reprioritize and organize daily work based on changing business needs. The Technician II shall fulfill responsibilities as required by the Quality System, Safety, and SOP’s for the site, laboratory and technical center.
TRAVEL – Less than 5%
Combination of years of college chemistry (15 quarter credits = 1 year) AND/OR years of Industrial Laboratory experience, the sum or which totals 4 years.
- OR -
2 year Vo-Tech certificate in Laboratory Technology plus 2 years of Industrial Laboratory experience.
Plus the ability to perform complex laboratory and pilot plant tasks accurately and expeditiously with little supervision.
(Those candidates who have not completed one year of high school chemistry must complete at least 5 quarter credits of college chemistry.)
EMPLOYEE ATTRIBUTES Responsive to Change: Adapts quickly to changing circumstances, must be flexible and be able to juggle many activities at once. Individually Accountable for Results: Willingly assumes ownership for activities to facilitate forward movement. Takes pride in the quality of work performed. Model Collaboration and Commitment: Focuses on team success before individual success. Focus on Customers: Creates an experience for customers - delights customers by providing exceptional value and service. Demonstrates Operational Excellence: Stays on task and follows directions/SOP’s. May look for new and better ways to get things done. Demonstrates effective Self-Management: Completes tasks with minimal supervision. Values guidance while assuming responsibility for own development.
- Experience in working with the chemistry of thermoplastic polymer blending and rheology evaluation.
- Knowledge of hot melt chemistries that support the Converting, Hygiene and Packaging markets
- Experience in adhesive laboratory application and characterization test procedures
- Experience in working in a pilot plant atmosphere and maintaining work environment
- Experience in running and maintaining pilot and adhesive test equipment
- Knowledge of quality systems and troubleshooting methodology
- Ability to write concise and customer ready presentations of test results
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- English verbal and in written skills
- A controlled laboratory, technical center of pilot sampling atmosphere
- Job Location
- Guangzhou, Guangdong Sheng, China
- Position Type
Recently Viewed Jobs
No jobs have been viewed recently.