Product Manager - Textile & FootwearApply NowApply Later
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
The Product Manager- Textile & Footwear reports to the product management department manager and has primary responsibility for delivering value added commercialized products to markets that addresses market needs, represents viable profitable business opportunities and in alignment with our overall commercial strategies
The Product Manger serves as a team member of the Product Management organization and as a department function it is ultimately responsible for making sure that every product the company offers to the market is as successful as possible both short-term tactically and long-term strategically. The Product Management is in the center of all company departments as well as working very closely with all external entities such as customers, press, analysts and business partners.
As a Product Manger the job responsibilities includes creating market strategies and serving as a strategic driver for business, finding market opportunities and customer needs by market research, defining the whole product concept and product road map, etc. The Product Manager ensures that the product line portfolio supports the company’s overall strategy and goals, manages the product throughout its life cycle, and implements influence on the other parts of the company to resolve any disconnects between customer experience and the product promise.
This individual will be involved in a variety of market strategy activity and product management process. It acts as the product leader and market expertise, responsible for the overall product success. including:
- Develop and Create market strategies (40%)
- Market research to identify market opportunities
- Gather, manage, prioritize market/customer requirements
- Monitor the market trends, industry disruptors closely to understand the future needs and seize the initiative in the competition
- Competition analysis
- Market selection, targeting, positioning
- Marketing Mix (product, price, place, promotion, people, process, physical evidence)
- Serve as a strategic driver for business
- Product line management initiatives (40%)
- Defines the product vision, strategy and road map
- Generate, collect and prioritize new ideas for products with key benefits by collaborating with the team, researching the customer and analyzing the market, competitors
- Communicate market needs to the R&D team iteratively and ensure that the product it’s creating delivers in a way that solves the challenges of the customers
- Run beta and pilot program with early-stage products. Work with sales and customer to validate whether the product is ready to officially launch into the marketplace
- Plan and execute highly effective product launch to meet the revenue, profitability and objectives.
- Interacts with customer to drive product selection, create marketing materials/sales tools, manage sample logistics
- Determine whether and when to retire or replace/improve the product and execute a successful end of life campaign
- Be the central point of contact for one’s product line portfolio and market segment within the company (20%)
- Communicate regionally and globally to maximize revenue and profitability
- Do whatever you can to influence the other parts of the company to resolve any disconnects between customer experience and the product promise
- Project management
- Marcom activities support (conferences, trade shows, industry and customer sponsored programs and etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree or above in Material Science, Engineering, Chemistry or related degree
- 5+ years working experiences in textile or footwear marketplace
- Extensive knowledge of strategic planning processes and product life cycle management
- Be good at English listening, speaking, reading and writing, with CET-4 certification and above
- Demonstrate excellent written, superior communication, interpersonal, influencing without formal authority and presentation skills, with the ability to interact with key decision makers at all levels at both customers and internal management including executive levels
- Good business acumen, decision-making skill and problem-solving aptitude in complex situations to drive profitable growth
- Must be willing and able to travel over 60% of the time domestically and internationally, as applicable
- Demonstrates proficiency in the following competencies: Individually responsible for results – Engages in activities and experiences that strengthen contribution to the organization Focus on customers – Creates an experience for customers – delights customers by providing exceptional value and service Demonstrates effective self management – Seeks to understand and act upon improvement opportunities Accountability for Results – Translates goals/objectives into actionable plans and results Foster change and innovation - Seeks solutions that strengthen quality, value, service and effectiveness Demonstrate business acumen and business agility - Demonstrates functional/technical proficiency, engages in effective operational and strategic planning Create value for customers - Anticipates and responds to market trends and opportunities Build and lead effective teams – Attracts and retains the best people. Optimizes peak performance through development & coaching
- LEADER COMPETENCIES: Demonstrates operational excellence – Continually looks for new and better ways to get things done and shows functional/technical proficiency in work Model collaboration and commitment – Focuses on team success before individual success Responsive to change – Adapts (quickly) to changing circumstances
- Knowledge of the adhesives market is preferred.
- Solid understanding of the H.B. Fuller business strategy and portfolio is highly preferred.
- Scientific / technical background and expertise
- Product management and project management related certification
- Frequent business trips
- Office worker
- Develop and Create market strategies (40%)
- Job Location
- Shanghai, China
- Position Type
Recently Viewed Jobs
No jobs have been viewed recently.