H.B. Fuller employees click here to apply for current openings.
Hudson, North Carolina; Raleigh, North Carolina; Durham, North Carolina; Charlotte, North Carolina;Apply NowApply Later
H.B. Fuller is a leading global adhesives provider focusing on perfecting adhesives and sealants across all industries throughout the world. While our products are virtually invisible, they play a vital role in ensuring the quality of modern life and we are committed to connecting what matters to solve some of the world's biggest adhesion challenges.
Relocation assistance available for this position.
H.B. Fuller’s Hygiene, Health and Consumables segment develops adhesive solutions for the packaging, labeling, tissue and towel, hygiene, healthcare, and beauty industries. As these dynamic markets continue to change, and consumer demands increase, we partner with our customers to deliver highly engineered solutions.
H.B. Fuller recently acquired Adhezion Biomedical, a privately held medical device company with a location in Hudson, NC.
Position Title: Plant Manager
Location: Hudson, NC
The Plant Manager is responsible for serving the customer by creating and maintaining a clean, safe, highly productive facility, that adheres to global regulatory standards in the medical and beauty industries, while making the most efficient and cost-conscious use of the equipment, materials, and employees to produce high quality products on first pass production runs. The Plant Manager will work with the management team to make H. B. Fuller a great place to work, where employees are engaged and have the opportunity for career growth. The Plant Manager is responsible for developing and gaining support for both the operating and capital budgets. S/he will drive continuous improvement efforts to achieve plant goals and objectives. As the senior management representative at the location, the Plant Manager is expected to be the voice of the company and effectively communicate the company’s positions and decisions on a timely basis.
This individual will be involved in a variety of management, leadership, and mentoring activities including:
- Lead 20 employees in the plant, maintenance, and warehouse with 3-5 direct reports.
- Vigorously enforce safe manufacturing practices and ensure compliance with all applicable safety and environmental rules, regulations and procedures.
- Strictly maintain standards for regulatory requirements, certifications, and audits in medical device manufacturing
- Set and maintain standards that ensure on-time delivery of quality products that meet customer needs.
- Control costs through close management of the operational and capital budgets and by identifying, prioritizing and pursuing continuous improvement projects.
- Lead change efforts to position the facility to support explosive sales growth in the market. Effectively communicate throughout the organization the vision, path, milestones, resources, progress and impact of change.
- Determine facility headcount required and manage planning and approvals. Guide management team in recruiting, hiring, development and termination activities to meet business needs.
- Function as an in-plant expert concerning the production of the plant’s product line.
- Manage the managers in the plant. Groom and mentor potential successors for plant and operations leadership roles across the network.
- Maintain performance excellence by holding the team accountable for both rewarding results and managing employees who do not meet performance expectations.
- Ensure timely and data driven corrective action for quality problem resolution, marshaling the facility and business unit technical resources.
- Provide innovative solutions to customer issues by leading collaborative efforts to address all issues. Hear and leverage the ideas of others to prioritize, create and deliver innovative solutions.
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with commercial, marketing, supply chain, HR, Finance and R&D partners. Facilitate collaborative teamwork within the facility and with external partners. Manage stakeholder expectations. Prioritize work to effectively focus on critical items and deliver quality results by deadline.
- Identify, implement and share manufacturing “best practices”.
- Support new product introduction / scale-up and raw material acquisition.
- Administer merit pay programs within the provided guidelines.
- Hear and address employee challenges and concerns appropriately in partnership with management team and HR.
- Effectively lead projects across the network.
- B.S. Degree in chemical engineering, or Chemical/Chemistry/Biology –a technical degree required.
- Experience building, deploying, and enforcing process controls, systems, policies and procedures.
- 5+ years of high level plant management experience and leading people in a manufacturing/ technical environment.
- 10+ years of experience in manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrated expertise in identifying, implementing and managing significant change within a manufacturing operating environment.
- Prior hands-on experience managing both large and small capital projects.
- Expertise in Safety Management with demonstrated results.
- Proficiency in Quality Management Systems with demonstrated results.
- Demonstrated experience in medical product manufacturing and to drive adherence to quality systems and process controls that meet strict regulatory requirements is a plus, FDA knowledge preferred.
- Prior experience with manufacturing specialized adhesives is ideal.
- Knowledge of ERP database management systems, SAP or other.
- Six Sigma certification, (Green or Black Belt).
- LEAN certification.
- Prior experience in building, deploying and enforcing systems, policies and procedures.
Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, and geographic location.The salary for this role is $115,000 - $145,000.
In addition to your salary, H.B. Fuller offers employees a competitive total rewards package including comprehensive benefits, incentive and recognitions programs, health & wellness benefits, 401K contributions, paid time off and paid holidays. Eligibility may vary.
H.B. Fuller is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and proud to have created a collaborative culture where employees around the world are seen, heard, and respected. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, or marital status or status as a protected veteran, or any other legally protected classification.
H.B. Fuller does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters, employment agencies, or staffing firms. To conduct business with H.B. Fuller, a written service agreement must be executed by Human Resources prior to submitting any information relating to a potential candidate. Without a signed service agreement, H.B. Fuller shall not be obligated for payment of any fee or compensation.
Recently Viewed Jobs
No jobs have been viewed recently.