Account Manager - Engineering AdhesivesApply Now Apply Later
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
We at H.B. Fuller embrace a shared set of beliefs and competencies that direct the way we operate and express our fundamental principles about how we will achieve success. We strive to hire talent that demonstrates our beliefs and our competencies.
H.B. Fuller is seeking a seasoned Account Manager to work in regional sales team with business leaders to integrate and develop sales for our engineering adhesives business in South India and lead for BTR all India .
The Account Manager will participate in evaluating the new products and technologies we’ve acquired, setting the platform for the launch of these new products and technologies in Gen-Indus and Electronics in Karnataka and BTR all India, businesses and multi-national customers. The person will be responsible for Building and strengthening Distribution, executing the approvals at end customer, Getting approval from Auto OEM account for BTR business, delivering Sales Numbers, partnering with the current sales team and to deliver the planned strategic and commercial results.
The Account Manager will identify potential new customers for Gen-Indus, Electronics and BTR SBU , listen to their needs, present proposals to them and ultimately create accounts that will continue to grow business in the future. Account Manager will launch our new engineering adhesives into multinational customers, new territories and New market segment in North India, will ensure that they stay profitable with collaborative partnerships. The Account Manager will call on clients, often being required to make presentations on products and services that meet or help predict their clients’ future needs.
The Account Manager representing the engineering adhesives group will be accountable for growth and profitability of this business segment within his/her assigned region (Karnataka – BTR all India). The Account Manager will be responsible for the understanding of the industry, analyzing the segment trends and unmet needs, by building a close relations with customers and by smooth execution of the business plan in alignment with market management and the global vision for the engineering adhesives segment. This individual will work collaboratively with applications engineers, R&D and the regional commercial organization to efficiently identify and align products, price and channels to maximize profitable growth.
• Proactively focuses on selling core products and upgrading customers to new products additionally.
• Develop relationships at all levels with all ‘’A’’ accounts but especially the Top potential customers in various Market segments defined,
• Manage the ‘’B’’ and ‘’C’’ accounts in line with Business Director (BD) / Business Manager (BM) guidelines.
• Track territory’s monthly segment financial performance and apprise management through CRM, so that need base related contingency marketing and marketing communication activities can be planned.
• Develop and maintain account plans for all key accounts and plan to hold a business review at least once per year at the Top 10 accounts.
• Support distribution strategy regarding “B & C” accounts.
• Provide accurate sales forecast each month for the next 4-5 months to BM.
Distribution & Region Management
• Assess market potential and Map region by market segments and customers to increase penetration and acquire market share
• Appoint New distribution / Dealers in strategic locations / market segments
• Appoint MSR for all India (Market Sales Representatives- External) wherever required as per target and coach them on field, monitor their performance to meet agreed targets.
• Train Distributor sales team and MSR periodically on Technical, New product launches, Selling Skills, Presentation skills and upgrade their standards to delivery results skillfully.
New Business Development
• Act as the voice of the customer/ market to lead internal product and service initiatives and drive sales priorities.
• Agree on Top 10 opportunities with BM and then close them within the timelines agreed.
• Position New products in respective Market Segments considering technical and commercial dynamics.
• Use the pricing tools provided by the BD, BM and implement prices variation as required.
• Payment Collection within agreed time frame ensuring profitability
• Support Manager to develop product management in optimizing the product portfolio to drive profitability.
• Ensure customers pay on time, give minimum order quantities and lead times.
• Provide competitive monitoring and analytics.
• Provide timely inputs to management to identify strategic partnerships, build industry relationships.
• To provide inputs to management enabling understanding of engineering adhesives market and the global value chain associated with each brand owner and identify trends and unmet needs in engineering adhesives segment. Execution of business plans leading to new products and services for driving growth. Expand the customer base in segment.
Business Planning/ Documentation/ Technical Trials
• Work safely following the company guidelines and using all protective equipment.
• Implement Strategic Account plans with Manager for sites that are within the Account Managers geography.
• Manage travel & expense (T&E) costs within budget.
• Document all activities at customers in our CRM tool (SFDC).
• Quantify and document the value H.B. Fuller provides to the customer.
• Work closely with Customer Service, Credit Control and react quickly if they ask for help
• Document all potential business in SFDC including all ESPCE (Equipment, Substrates, and Performance/Cost/Environment) data.
- Required Skills
• 4 year Engineering degree preferred/ BSc/MBA , with a preference for technical/ mechanical or marketing (or equivalent experience) also acceptable.
• Around 7 years of successfully proven sales experience in Core Engineering adhesives/ Sealants. Experience in BTR market, Marketing and Customer Service/ Technical Service experience are also valued along with 2 of 3 years of meeting or exceeding sales goals.
• Demonstrated experience in sales and prospecting.
• Ability to discern and prioritize Sales Leads.
• Ability to run Application trials independently for Engineering Adhesives applications.
• Cooperate pro-actively with Manager to facilitate opportunities outside of defined territory.
• Management of large accounts/sell at high levels within organizations.
• Proven experience & ability to work independently as well as in team environment.
• Computer savvy, to include use of Excel, internet based software, as well as email.
• Well organized, process and data driven, producing accurate and timely reports, completion of expense submissions, etc.
• Analytical ability to develop business cases and analyze market data.
• Proven skill in communicating complex ideas effectively, both orally and written and making presentations
• Valid driving license and willing to travel within the Territory and occasionally to H.B. Fuller facilities across the European/ Asian Region.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English Fluently speaking, reading, and written and ability to communicate in language required for the specific geography.
• High ethical standards – must meet H.B. Fuller minimum criteria
• Ability to independently negotiate with customers and partners.
• Established track record for setting & achieving challenging goals.
• SFDC Sales Force.com, ACT.
• Experience in working with different cultures and working in different countries
• Knowledge of Engineering adhesives/ Sealant applications and troubleshooting experience
• Ambition to become senior sales professional or sales manager
• Ability to be Manager/Leader in sales/relevant function
Attributes should include:
• Responsive to Change: Adapts quickly to changing circumstances.
• Individually Accountable for Results
• Sales process as defined in SE1/SE2
• Willingly assumes ownership for activities to facilitate forward movement.
• Focuses on team success before individual success.
• Focus on Customers
• Creates an experience for customers - delights customers by providing exceptional value and service.
• Demonstrates Operational Excellence
• Continually looks for new and better ways to get things done.
• Demonstrates effective Self-Management:
• Values guidance while assuming responsibility for own development.
• Ability to lift and carry up to 20 Kg.
• Travelling a lot in all circumstances.
- Job Location
- Satara, Maharashtra, India
- Position Type