Business Development Manager - FlexpackApply Now Apply Later
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
We at H.B. Fuller embrace a shared set of beliefs and competencies that direct the way we operate and express our fundamental principles about how we will achieve success. We strive to hire talent that demonstrates our beliefs and our competencies.
H.B. Fuller is seeking a seasoned business development professional to work with the Regional & Local sales team and business leaders to develop sales in our Flexible Packaging adhesives business. The Business Development Manager will be a critical team member of packaging team of EIMEA
The position will be based at Delhi NCR India
The Business Development Manager will participate in evaluating existing products and technologies we’ve in our product portfolio, setting the strategy for the launch of these products and technologies in new regions, businesses and use of this new channel for our existing adhesives products.
The Business Development Manager – Flexible Packaging reports to SAM – Packaging and has technical Acumen of understanding the Product & Process , responsibility for establishing the product on the customer line , trouble shooting & should have adequate blend of technical & relationship building skills.
BDM is expected to be HB Fuller’s field based application expert, with a high level of knowledge and expertise in the existing product range for Packaging SBU. He must be able to quantify the value of our products and capable of adjusting customer machinery to enable our products to run as effectively as possible. The BDM works very closely with the Geographic Sales Manager (GSM), SAM and the Territory Manager (TM) to support the top accounts and opportunities, Strategic Accounts and any key partners, such as Distributors. All activity should be aligned with the SBU business objectives. The BDM plays a key role in innovation, both in identifying opportunities in the market and communicating them into the HB Fuller organization and in bringing new products and technologies to the Sales Force and the market.
The BDM needs to have a clear understanding of the HB Fuller Sales Process, Value Selling and the role that they play in both. This position is an individual contributor role requires to have collaborative skills to work with Sales personals, requires minimum 10 years of experience in flexible lamination Industry & will be supporting the annual business of worth 7-8 Million euro technically.
The Business Development Manager will identify potential new customers, listen to their needs, present proposals to them and ultimately create accounts that will continue to grow business in the future. The Business Development Manager will launch our Flexible Packaging adhesives to customers, new regional and industry markets and will manage existing accounts and ensure that they stay profitable and collaborative partnerships. The Business Development Manager will call on clients, often being required to make presentations on products and services that meet or help predict their clients’ future needs.
BDM is accountable for existing business of flexible packaging adhesives, achieving an annual sales target, Contribution and Gross margin budget (including CM/GM %), managing the channel sales, improving the profitability, ensuring successful & smooth running of our products on customer line & do troubleshooting, if needed. BDM will also be responsible for conducting technical sessions, seminars at key customers & enhance multilevel relationship at all level by value additions.
Desired Skills & Competencies:
• Results oriented
• Good acumen of root cause analysis
• Adequate patience level in pressure situations
• Strategic thinking; strong business acumen
• Utilizes a sales process to increase effectiveness
• Strong negotiation skills
• Presentation skills; ability to differentiate and communicate value
• Team oriented
• Technical aptitude and curiosity
• Self-starter with strong work ethic
• Listening, questioning, and problem solving skills
• Organizational and time management skills
• Have a strong personal desire to grow and progress within the organization
• Ensure all EHS requirements are followed.
• Managing the channel sales business for flexible packaging
• Troubleshooting & Root cause analysis at customer end
• Being an active partner in the development of key accounts account plans & new customers and opportunities with a clear understanding of value selling and the BDM role in it
• Being active at these accounts for key demonstrations, new product introductions, complaint/claim investigations, training and education and any other activity linked with delivery of the account plan
• Developing direct relationships with Key accounts
• Conducting pant / line surveys & audits and demonstrations.
• Ownership/management of key OMMs and OEMs to stay up-to-date with market and technology developments and to be their adhesive technical partner, generating leads for HB Fuller
• Being a key player in driving innovation by identifying new product and service opportunities, being the first trained on new HB Fuller products and technologies, being a key partner in the launch program and the roll out of new products by training the sales force, attending first trials, providing clear written feedback from the trials/demonstrations and sharing best practice
• Working closely together with the Technical Service and R+D group in the organization to empower technology push from the lab side into the market and to report about market trends to the lab teams
• Being responsible for doing successful product demonstrations at the customer; plan customer demonstrations beforehand with a Demonstration Plan showing under what circumstances a demonstration will be seen as successful; will have all necessary demonstration tools such as measuring devices, parts, cleaning equipment, customer training material, best practice manuals when doing a demonstration.
• Ensuring post demonstration that a review has been held with the customer before leaving and that subsequently all results are quantified, documented and communicated.
• Define the sales channels to be used in their geography/market - challenge the “go to market” strategy in the appointed sales areas.
• Potential business / competitor tracking – documented in SFDC
• Manage agents on commercial and technical level
• Influence supply chain strategies by defining and communicating account requirements in matters of logistics, storage and currencies.
• Monthly report
• Pricing – working with SAM or BM as appropriate
• Claim Handling / Credit note approval
• Supporting payment collection efforts
• Manage own customers as required
• Local OEM/OMM management
• Participation in Quarterly Sales Manager/Business Strategy Meeting within SBU
• Introduce new products/services as required to existing and/or new customers/market segments
• Input to 5 year SBU STRAP plan
• Strong personal relationships with Top Accounts in Region/Geography/Market
- Required Skills
• Good Technical skills in terms of understanding the Product / Process at Flexible packaging Industry
• Good Acumen of root cause analysis & nice level of patience to handle customer complaints.
• Outstanding commercial skills at all levels of contacts: Executive, Middle management, Production floor & technical Proven sales success Including business to business experience
• 10+years’ work experience in a sales or technical role in Flexible Packaging related segments
• Good understanding of key financial metrics such as Margins, Operating Income, Working Capital
• BSC/MBA /Eng or equivalent educational qualifications or relevant work experience
• Demonstrated experience in sales management & technical sales.
• Ability to communicate easily in English orally and written
• Experience with PC skills in Windows environment
• Strong oral, presentation and written communication skills.
• A disciplined, yet flexible and creative approach.
• Positive, ‘’can do’’ attitude
• Fluency in one or more Indian languages
• Good Technical understanding of process in flexible packaging Industry
• Ambition to develop and progress
• Experience in more than one market/application/geography
• In depth understanding of financial metrics
• Some import or foreign product merchandizing experience would be a plus.
• Chemical adhesives and sealants back ground would be preferred.
• Travel required
• Lifting and carrying up to 30kg may be required
- Job Location
- Satara, Maharashtra, India
- Position Type