Business Development ManagerApply NowApply Later
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
We at H.B. Fuller embrace a shared set of beliefs and competencies that direct the way we operate and express our fundamental principles about how we will achieve success. We strive to hire talent that demonstrates our beliefs and our competencies.
H.B. Fuller is seeking a seasoned business development professional to work with the regional sales team and business leaders to integrate and develop sales in our BTRS business segments. The Business Development Manager will be a critical team member in the integration of our newly acquired Royal Adhesives, Tonsan , legacy business & launch of the global BTRS technologies in India.
The position will be based at New Delhi, India
The Business Development Manager will participate in evaluating the new products and technologies we’ve acquired, setting the strategy for the launch of these new products and technologies in new regions, businesses and multi-national customers and use of this new channel for our existing adhesives products. The BDM will be responsible for executing the strategy, partnering with the current team and hiring staff to deliver the planned results.
The Business Development Manager will identify potential new customers, listen to their needs, present proposals to them and ultimately create accounts that will continue to grow business in the future. The Business Development Manager will launch our BTRS technologies into multinational customers, new regional and industry markets and will manage existing accounts and ensure that they stay profitable and collaborative partnerships. The Business Development Manager will call on clients, often being required to make presentations on products and services that meet or help predict their clients’ future needs.
He or she is accountable for achieving an annual sales, Contribution and Gross margin budget (including CM/GM %). They will manage/coach/lead and develop a sales team to achieve the expected sales and margin results while constantly improving customer satisfaction, achieving the market growth stated in the STRAP plan and implementing the HBF pricing policy. The BDM should achieve the above through coaching and using of the HB Fuller Sales Process and value selling.
The Business Development Manager representing the BTRS segment will be accountable for growth and profitability of the segment within his/her assigned region. The BDM will be responsible for understanding the industry, analyzing the segment trends and unmet needs, by building a short & long term business plan and by leading the execution of the business plan in alignment with market management and the global vision for the segment. This individual will work collaboratively with applications engineers, R&D, the Global Business Development Directors and the regional commercial organization to efficiently identify and align products, price and channels to maximize profitable growth.
Desired Skills & Competencies:
• Results oriented
• Strategic thinking; strong business acumen
• Utilizes a sales process to increase effectiveness
• Strong negotiation skills
• Presentation skills; ability to differentiate and communicate value
• Team oriented
• Technical aptitude and curiosity
• Self-starter with strong work ethic
• Listening, questioning, and problem solving skills
• Organizational and time management skills
• Have a strong personal desire to grow and progress within the organization
• Ensure all EHS requirements are followed by all TMs and themselves
• Create business plans , conduct market studies & ensure implementation of the business plans
• Development of people -Staff Coaching / Training/ G&O setting top 10 opportunities
• Managing performance -Performance Management and action plans
• Resourcing - Recruitment and selection and use of Open hire applicant tracking system
• Execution -Ensuring all sales team implement all aspects of their Job Description
• Managing Future cast – sales and volume forecasting every month for the next 12 months
• Project prioritization for sales team – Defining top Accounts and Targets – must be in line with the SBU 5 year STRAP plan.
• Define the sales channels to be used in their geography/market - challenge the “go to market” strategy in the appointed sales areas.
• Define how many sales resources they need to achieve targets while minimising costs
• Potential business / competitor tracking – documented in SFDC
• Manage agents on commercial and technical level
• Influence supply chain strategies by defining and communicating account requirements in matters of logistics, storage and currencies.
• Monthly report
• Pricing – working with Business Director or BM as appropriate
• Claim Handling / Credit note approval
• Supporting payment collection efforts
• Manage own customers as required
• Local OEM/OMM management
• Management of all Sales and associated T+E costs within budget
• Participation in Quarterly Sales Manager/Business Strategy Meeting within SBU
• Introduce new products/services as required to existing and/or new customers/market segments
• Input to 5 year SBU STRAP plan
• Strong personal relationships with Top Accounts in Region/Geography/Market
• Implementation of Strategic Account plans as agreed with the Strategic Account Director or SBU Director.
- Required Skills
• Outstanding commercial skills at all levels of contacts: Executive, Middle management, Production floor & technical Proven sales success Including business to business experience
• 10+years’ work experience in a sales or technical role in construction Adhesives related segments
• Good understanding of key financial metrics such as Margins, Operating Income, Working Capital
• BSC/MBA /Eng or equivalent educational qualifications or relevant work experience
• Demonstrated experience in sales management & technical sales.
• Expert in the sales process
• Proven track record in team leadership ,team management e.g. leadership of projects
• Ability to communicate easily in English orally and written
• Experience with PC skills in Windows environment
• Strong oral, presentation and written communication skills.
• A disciplined, yet flexible and creative approach.
• Good understanding of supply chain processes
• Ability to work in a fast changing environment. Good reporting skills.
• Positive, ‘’can do’’ attitude
• Fluency in English
• Fluency in one or more Indian languages
• Experience in managing and developing teams
• Ambition to develop and progress
• Experience in more than one market/application/geography
• In depth understanding of financial metrics
- Job Location
- Satara, Maharashtra, India
- Position Type
Recently Viewed Jobs
No jobs have been viewed recently.