Quality ManagerApply Now Apply Later
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
The Position of Site Quality Manager reports to Regional Quality Lead. The Site Quality Manager manages the Quality Control (QC) department with its assigned staff, and leads the Quality Management system as well as continuous Improvement process.
He/she is a strong member of the site Management team and will focus on improving its processes to achieve Zero defects and high customer satisfaction.
He/she is the customer representative;
The job holder primarily focus is the plant, he does coordinate also internal audits& Quality for the other functions located at site, as R&D.
• Lead Quality Culture at site and ensure all EIMEA and site Quality processes are understood and followed.
• Lead activities to improve Quality system so site certifications are maintained or reached and customer requirements are met.
• Owns & manage site IMS ( Integrated Management System)
• Actively search for continuous improvements and work closely with site Mgt. team to improve site performance in term of yield, rejects reduction, productivity improvements.
• Promote Q lean tools at plants
• Evaluate the product Quality and production performance with statistical tools and propose, coordinate actions with R&D to improve product capability
• Troubleshoot quality problems, support production to address issues with timely corrective actions (6-Sigma, 8-D-analysis also).
• Manage the unsaleable stock, organize timely decision with R&D support
• Coordinate and prepare site for Customer audits
• Lead the customer complaints reduction for the plant.
• Lead Supplier Complaint Management for the site, will ask & get support from Sourcing as per criticality, and if required may do supplier audits
• Organize Quality training for the site
• Support new product introduction / scale-up and new raw material acquisition, as well as product transfers from or to other sites, Management of Change gate keeper
• Lead QC, organize together with the site Manager the in process and final controls to ensure RM & products are released according to procedure and on time. Develop the QC team and ensure the QC resources are trained and in line with production need.
• Positively participate in EIMEA Quality projects to improve and develop the quality performance,
• Is internal auditor for the region
• Participate, support to lessons learned and collaboration between sites
• Positively participate in Global Hygiene projects and ensure lessons learned and collaboration between Hygiene sites
• Ensure reporting as required
• Quality System and Quality Control team, up to 5 people
- Required Skills
• Chemical engineering or Process engineering degree with minimum 10 years’ work experience
• Very good spoken & written English language capability
• Good team worker with high communication skills, ability to enthuse others and drive demanding projects
• Minimum 5+ years’ experience in a manufacturing environment. Ideally in chemical industry, adhesive industry would be a plus
• Knowledge on the Quality standards ( ISO 9001, 14001, IATF, ISO22000) and lean tools ( 6 sigma certification is a plus)
• Good computer skills, MS Office and MS Project
• Ability to work independently
• Ability to work under pressure in a fast moving environment and a matrix organization
• Leadership and entrepreneurial skills
• Sensitivity towards other cultures
- Job Location
- Satara, Maharashtra, India
- Position Type