Sales ProfessionalApply Now Apply Later
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
We, at H.B. Fuller embrace a shared set of beliefs and competencies that direct the way we operate and express our fundamental principles about how we will achieve success. We strive to hire talent that demonstrates our beliefs and our competencies.
The Sales Professional position is expected to grow and retain HB Fuller's market share and customer base in key market segments while achieving profit sales targets. The Territory Manager is expected to:
• Manage, maintain and grow own territory and is accountable for delivering results;
• Consistently apply sales process and use of all sales tools; and
• Develop sales funnel for future growth opportunities
• Accountability for results
• Customer focused – creating value
• Demonstrates functional excellence
• Demonstrates business acumen
• Embraces change and innovation
ACCOUNTABILITY FOR RESULTS
• Sales professional is accountable for delivering annual business results, aligned with business plan, sales, CM and volume
• Growth – focuses effort on delivering growth and maintains existing business to deliver plan Negotiates pricing and margin (aligned with the business) using value selling and the flip pricing tool to capture the optimum price and margin for HBF
CUSTOMER FOCUSED – CREATING VALUE
• Drive customer intimacy by delivering HBF’s value proposition tailored to meet the needs of the customer
• Promote, quantify and expertly sell value, which differentiates HBF in the market and adds value to our customers
• Consistently deliver value to our customers to realize customer loyalty and minimize erosion
• Anticipate current and future needs of the customer through deep understanding of the customer’s business
• Promote and sell latest HBF products and technology thereby enhancing our position in the market as an innovative leader
DEMONSTRATES FUNCTIONAL EXCELLENCE
• Consistently manage activities to ensure all EHS requirements are followed
• Leverage all sales processes, including salesforce.com, consistently applies the HBF sales process
• Demonstrates ability to Independently technically support the customer for standard needs, including running a product demonstration
• Identify, develop and close new business opportunities and communicate forecasting needs to the business
• Intimately know the territory/industry, including developing new business pipeline
• Manage time by balancing effort between existing business and new business pipeline
• Provide timely monthly reports and all necessary internal/external communication, and collaboration with other stakeholders
• Demonstrates ability to understand competitive landscape and how to position HBF for advantage
DEMONSTRATES BUSINESS ACUMEN
• Implement business pricing strategy based on business guidelines, expertly delivers price increases thereby enabling prices to stick
• Promote HBF products and technologies to optimize profitability
• Allocate own resources in a planned and consistent way with the business strategy
• Manage impact on profitability from terms and conditions, supply chain, days outstanding and other aspects
• Manage T&E expenses to budget
EMBRACES CHANGE AND INNOVATION
• Provide voice of the customer feedback into the organization
• Promote and sell innovative HBF technologies that create competitive advantage and optimize value for customers
• Adapt easily to a dynamic environment and maintain high levels of motivation and engagement
SALES COMPETENCIES & BEHAVIORS
• Negotiating: Negotiates skillfully in more difficult situations; understands the needs of the customer and incorporates that knowledge. Gains trust quickly from key contacts at the customer.
• Growing a sales territory: Developing an understanding of business, financials, products/services, the market and specific needs of assigned territory/accounts.
• Presenting: An effective presenter for simple and complex topics in a variety of settings, both inside and outside the organization.
• Questioning / Listening: Increases listening skills through practice; asks clarifying questions for increased understanding. Restates and accurately summarizes key messages.
• Communicating: Consistently delivers timely, accurate and concise messages orally and/or in writing to effectively inform an individual or group. Adapts style to the needs of individuals or groups to ensure his/her message is understood.
• Prospecting: Creative in finding new sources of business and applying latest techniques for cultivating customer leads, and is consistent in applying the agreed amount of prospecting time and effort. Real Win Worth drives prioritization.
• Being a team player: Willingness to take on additional responsibilities to facilitate the achievement of individual and team goals. Invites and builds upon the ideas of others.
• Technical knowledge of products & services
o Has a solid understanding of product range, chemistries and selection of the right products by application
o tailors service and technical support to the needs of the customer
• Sales Process & Sales Tools
o Consistent user of salesforce.com and FLIP pricing tool
o Applies sales process in every new and existing business opportunity
• Trends in market & industry
o Building a working knowledge of markets and industry, and leverages to enhance opportunities and acceleration of the sales process
• Supply chain
o Familiar with location of company plants and understands impact of supply chain, and is able to communicate details with customer as required
• Equipment & application process
o Able to understand and speak the language of equipment and application processes in conversing with the customer
o Can reliably select best products based on substrate requirements and business strategy
• Business Acumen
o Able to optimize products and price to increase value for HBF
- Required Skills
• 4 year college degree, with a technical/mechanical, marketing, or chemistry background preferred
• 2+ years of relevant sales experience (industrial experience preferred),
• Must have a valid driver’s license and be willing to travel.
• Travel time depends on size/geography of the territory.
• Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Job Location
- Satara, Maharashtra, India
- Position Type