Manager I, Strategic AccountApply Now Apply Later
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
We at H.B. Fuller embrace a shared set of beliefs and competencies that direct the way we operate and express our fundamental principles about how we will achieve success. We strive to hire talent that demonstrates our beliefs and our competencies.
The Strategic Account Manager (SAM) has the primary responsibility to lead and directly manage designated strategic accounts across the business region. He or she is expected to grow and retain H.B. Fuller’s market share and customer base within the designated Market and convert opportunities into profitable sustainable business. The SAM must possess the business awareness to influence and gain customer alignment with both external and internal decision makers and must be a proactive communicator both internally and externally. He or she will act as a consultant to the client group in order to develop an understanding of industry trends, and market forces affecting the business and product needs. The SAM will achieve the above through the use of the HB Fuller Sales Process and Value Selling.
• Work safely following the company guidelines and using all personal protective equipment
• Working on a par European basis, maintain and develop designated strategic accounts either directly or working together with local H.B Fuller sales force.
• Develop specific 1-3 year strategic plans for the assigned strategic accounts based on customer needs and values in order to increase attractiveness of our offerings, using local Sales and Technical input as appropriate.
• Lead and co-ordinate implementation of the strategic account plan by using the company’s resources to deliver the maximum value for both the strategic accounts and HB Fuller.
• Maximize the sales of H.B. Fuller products through existing and new customers in current and potential markets
• Ensure that sales revenue and targets are achieved.
• Implement planned sales activity leading to new business in relevant market sectors
• Agree key account pricing policy and activities with SBU and Sales Management
• Monitor and report results against plan on a monthly basis, together with corrective action plans where necessary
• Develop and maintain an in-depth knowledge and understanding or the company’s products enabling the development of business by the effective presentation of a Value Proposition.
• Develop a strong network of contacts both vertically and horizontally with the key accounts
• Develop relationships with contacts at OMMs and OEMs also serving the key accounts
• Establish opportunities to identify, quantify and deliver value at senior level
• Support and drive new product introduction in the market
• Recommend relevant training to improve personal performance standards. Attend all sales and product training activities as directed by European Sales Manager
• Support and deliver where appropriate training to peers and customers to increase awareness of product benefits and quantified value
• Communicate with global colleagues as appropriate to coordinate actions on specific accounts
• Ensure complaints and claims are effectively handled internally and clear actions and activities are communicated to the customer
• Work in close cooperating with Area Technical Managers and technical labs
• Use of appropriate PPE at customers and in our facilities
• Achievement of annual budget for Sales and Contribution Margin
• New business gained at key account(s)
• Business lost at key account(s)
• Market share
• Implementation of price increases as required
• Active cross functional account plan(s)
• Number of business reviews at key account(s)
• Joint visits with local TMs, ATMs or other functional specialists
• Accuracy of sales forecast
• Management of costs
• Management of over dues
• Success in selling new products
• Number and potential value of joint projects
• Use of other resources to support Key account(s)
• Documentation in SFDC
• Documented potential business in the customer funnel
- Required Skills
• Strong driver for results and success. Shows passion for the role.
• Proven track record of successful sales with a minimum of 8 years technical sales experience
• Outstanding commercial skills at all levels of contacts: Executive, Middle Management, Production floor
• Understanding of basic financial metrics such as Operating Profit, Margins and Working Capital
• Strong oral, presentation and written communication skills
• Excellent listening skills
• Strong technical skills
• Excellent computer literacy
• Fluent in English language, with other additional European languages a plus
• Ability to work in a team with different cultures and nationalities
• Ability to lead, influence and motivate the internal cross functional team to achieve business goals
• Intimate knowledge of the support functions
• Ability to work in a fast and changing environment
• Disciplined work approach with good reporting skills
• Ability to travel with region - between 50-60% time
• Ability to acquire knowledge of adhesives performance and applications of product range within 6 month period
• Ability to work from a home office
• High ethical standards – must meet HBF Minimum
• Degree Educated in Polymer Chemistry , Chemical Engineering or Technology related field
• Selling experience with industrial multi nationals
• Experience with writing contract proposals in different countries
• Ability to be Manager/Leader in any function
• Willingness to move to different countries to work
• Experience in more than one market/application/geography
• In depth understanding of financial metrics
- Job Location
- Gebze Kocaeli, Turkey
- Position Type
Recently Viewed Jobs
No jobs have been viewed recently.