H.B. Fuller employees click here to apply for current openings.
Hazmat International Shipping and Receiving Specialist
Los Angeles, California;Apply NowApply Later
H.B. Fuller is a leading global adhesives provider focusing on perfecting adhesives, sealants and other specialty chemicals across all industries throughout the world. While our products are virtually invisible, they play a vital role in ensuring the quality of modern life and we are committed to connecting what matters to solve some of the world's biggest adhesion challenges.
H.B. Fuller is a global Fortune 1000 company manufacturing adhesives, sealants and glue at our 35 manufacturing sites in the U.S. (and growing). Our products connect the world and hold together your everyday necessities including your cell phone, food packages, car and home!
What’s in it For You:
• Established path for next level opportunities, promotions, and wage increases making this an opportunity for a long-term career path.
• Our excellent benefits package includes:
Medical, dental, and vision insurance for you and your family
FREE medical insurance coverage – all or a portion of your medical premiums will be reimbursed by the company
3 weeks paid vacation (increases to 4 weeks after 48 months of employment)
11 paid Holidays per year
Quarterly bonuses based on site performance
Competitive 401k, with up to 4% dollar-for-dollar company matching contributions, 1% automatic company contribution, and additional profit-sharing contribution.
Thrive in a company that values sustainability, drives a safety-focused culture, and has been recognized as one of the Most Responsible Companies in the world by Newsweek in 2020.
- Perform all aspects of shipping as defined in the shipping work instructions.
- Perform all aspects of receiving as defined in the receiving work instructions
- Perform all aspects of shipping hazmat products
- Perform all aspects of managing the hazmat waste disposal process
- Assist in shipping of parcel and freight shipments
- Maintain a clean and safe work area.
- Participate in team activities to improve safety, reduce cost, or other beneficial projects
- Ability to produce accurate reports and documents
- Ability to exercise some degree of independent judgment and responsibility
- Ability to use tact and discretion in dealing with all internal and external contacts
- Demonstrates proficiency in the following competencies:
- Accountability for Results: Demonstrates a bias for action
- Translates goals and objectives into actionable plans and results.
- Fosters Change and Innovation: Seeks solutions that strengthen quality, value, service and effectiveness. Respectfully challenges the way “things are done” and supports others in doing so.
- Creates Value for Customers: anticipates and responds to market trends and opportunities. Delivers on promises made.
- Demonstrates business acumen and business agility: knows the specifics of the business. Engages in effective operational and strategic planning
- High School Diploma or G.E.D. equivalency
- Current US DOT & Initial 49CFR/IATA Dangerous Goods Training certifications
- Minimum 2 years clerical experience in the shipping/receiving area
- Minimum 2 years experience with hazmat shipments
- Proficient in UPS and FedEx software
- Current forklift certification
- Proficient with MS Office Applications
- Must pass a data entry/typing test
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good organizational skills
- Good math and reading skills
- Ability to prioritize activities and workload to meet daily requirements
- Working knowledge of safety, quality, and SPC programs
- Working knowledge of ERP data entry
To all recruitment agencies: H.B. Fuller does not accept agency resumes unless directly engaged by Human Resources. Please do not forward any resumes to Human Resources or any employees. H.B. Fuller is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At H.B. Fuller, we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and are committed to providing all applicants and employees with equal employment opportunity. We subscribe to the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP) policy of employing and promoting individuals based on their merits, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, citizenship status, or any other protected classification.
Recently Viewed Jobs
No jobs have been viewed recently.