Account Manager - End of line & LabellingApply Now Apply Later
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
We at H.B. Fuller embrace a shared set of beliefs and competencies that direct the way we operate and express our fundamental principles about how we will achieve success. We strive to hire talent that demonstrates our beliefs and our competencies.
The Account Manager must grow H.B. Fullers’ market share at some existing customers but mainly hunting for and closing profitable new sales opportunities in the Packaging business. He or she is accountable for ensuring that customers view H.B. Fuller as a partner by providing professional sales support and excellent customer service. The Account Manager must possess the business ability to influence and gain customer alignment at all levels within customer organizations. He or she is expected to develop an in-depth understanding of the client’s business plus the competitors, industry trends, and market forces affecting their business and product needs. The Account Manager should achieve the above through use of the H.B. Fuller Sales Process and value selling methodology.
The key objective is the achievement of defined sales and contribution margin objectives with the result that H.B. Fuller expands its market share in the Account Manager’s geography. The following are the main tasks for an Account Manager:
• Work safely following the company guidelines and using all protective equipment.
• Make use of market knowledge – own and of Business Development department – to evaluate potential customers
• Develop sales in new market segments or with new products as required by Marketing and Sales Management
• Focus on Top 10 opportunities in alignment with GSM and then close them within the timelines agreed to ensure market growth.
• Develop account plans for and excellent relationships at all levels in all ‘’A’’ accounts and especially the Top 10. Hold a business review at least once per year at these accounts.
• Implement Account plans for customers within the Account Managers geography.
• Manage travel & expense (T&E) costs within budget.
• Use the pricing tools provided by the GSM and implement prices variation as required.
• Document all activities at customers in our CRM tool (SFDC).
• Quantify and document the value H.B.Fuller provides to the customer.
• Support distribution / Inside Sales strategy regarding “C” accounts in geography.
• Proactively focus on selling core products and upgrading customers to new products, additionally when specifically requested by GSM. Ensure customers are using the latest technology and services available from H.B. Fuller.
• Ensure customers pay on time, give minimum order quantities and lead times.
• Work closely with Customer Service, Credit Control and react quickly if they ask for help.
• Provide accurate sales forecast each month for the next 12 months to GSM.
• Document all potential business in SFDC including all ESPCE (Equipment, Substrates, and Performance/Cost/Environment) data.
• Suggest new ideas to H.B. Fuller that could allow H.B. Fuller to differentiate itself from the competitors either through technology or service.
• Report new customer or market technical/product needs to the Technical Service /Research + Development (R+D) team and copy the GSM + top 3.
• Work in close cooperation with Area Technical Managers and technical labs.
• Use the selling tools and skills provided via the H.B. Fuller sales training programs and coaching from the BD, BM and GSM. Constantly seek to improve knowledge, skills and behaviour by attending training, seeking advice and by self-learning.
• Use the Sales Manager, the ATM, the SAM and R+D plus any other resources as necessary to achieve sales objectives.
- Required Skills
• Outstanding commercial skills at all levels of contacts: Executive, Middle management, Production floor. Proven sales success Including business to business experience
• Outstanding “Hunter” skills to successfully generate new business
• Good industry knowledge in Food / Beverage markets
• BA/MBA or equivalent educational qualifications or relevant work experience
• 5+years work experience in a sales or technical role
• 3+years experience in the Packaging market/end of line case and carton sealing and labeling
• Good understanding of key financial metrics such as Margins, Operating Income, Working Capital
• Demonstrated experience in sales management
• Ability to communicate in German and in English orally and written
• Experience with PC skills in Windows environment
• Strong oral, presentation and written communication skills.
• A disciplined, yet flexible and creative approach.
• Good understanding of supply chain processes
• Ability to work in a fast changing environment. Good reporting skills.
• Positive, ‘’can do’’ attitude
• Experience in managing and developing projects
• Ambition to develop and progress
• Experience in more than one market/application/geography
• In depth understanding of financial metrics
• Travel required
- Job Location
- Lüneburg, Germany
- Position Type