Business Director Construction AdhesivesApply Now Apply Later
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
We at H.B. Fuller embrace a shared set of beliefs and competencies that direct the way we operate and express our fundamental principles about how we will achieve success. We strive to hire talent that demonstrates our beliefs and our competencies.
The EIMEA Business Director, Construction Adhesives (CA) with be responsible for driving significant growth across the Flooring, Roofing, and Utilities & Infrastructure businesses within Europe, India and the Middle East. Reporting into the Sr. Vice President of CA and as a member of the CA leadership team this leader will own a key component of the strategic growth plans for the division.
Drive annual growth of 10-15% for the region from a base of ~$20M USD
• Build a high-performance sales and technical service team capable of generating value in the marketplace and winning share profitably through differentiated solutions.
• Deliver the sales and margin growth in line with the budget developed jointly between the region and the global business directors.
• Focus on delivering innovative and profitable solutions directly to the end user through distribution, wholesale, or OEM sales channels.
• Leverage strategic and systems thinking to optimize for longer term business opportunities, but also operationalize strategies to deliver on short term objectives.
• Drive business development in Construction Adhesives markets in Europe, India, and Middle
o Monitor market trends for potential new breakthroughs to help drive our future portfolio of solutions-oriented innovations, technologies and services.
o Leverage a functional understanding of technologies and applications across the world to penetrate EIMEA markets not currently being served by H.B. Fuller.
o Drive localization of manufacturing or product technology development to drive growth if appropriate
• Maintain pricing integrity for total product line sold by the team.
Manage team performance
• Lead a regional sales team of ~10 which includes direct reporting relationship of 4 technical and sales leaders
• Ensure that sales team is focused on specific markets, driven by customer needs.
• Establish performance criteria for team and team members (objectives and metrics).
• Track performance objectives (e.g. sales, margins, expenses, growth, attrition etc.) using the H.B. Fuller Goals & Objectives process.
• Coach and guide team and team members towards attainment of goals and objectives.
• Use H.B. Fuller performance appraisal system (PPA) for employee performance management.
• Focus on organizational development ensuring the right people are in the right positions and have the necessary skills.
• Establish and implement team processes and procedures, administer and facilitate team meetings.
• Foster open exchange of ideas and promote a sense of urgency.
• Provide timely sales, margin and profit analysis and reporting as requested.
• Role model the H.B. Fuller culture of Winning the Right Way through:
o The Spirit of Winning—Innovation & Accountability
o The Essence of Courage—Performance Excellence, Change & Risk Taking
o The Power of Collaboration- Customer Focus & Team Work
• Leverage well-honed leadership & interpersonal skills to set out a clear inspirational vision that engages and positively motivates the organization, peers, and customers.
• Comfortably operate and effectively communicate from the Executive level throughout the organization and across the customer base.
• Appropriately delegate to create capacity for higher level operational & strategic focus, as well as the opportunity to enlist and grow the team.
• Lead the business with high ethics and integrity.
- Required Skills
• 10 years’ experience in role as a business leader and manager
• Experience in the construction products industry
• Channel sales experience through distribution, wholesale, and OEM or private label
• Strong communication skills both written and verbal
• Excellent leadership, strategic, organizational and teamwork skills
• Fluent in English, as well as French or German.
• Master’s degree in business administration and/or University degree in a commercial or technical/ engineering discipline.
• 12+ years’ experience in channel business management environment with direct experience of managing business activities across multiple countries.
• Experienced in business development activities within the region.
• Experienced in uncovering installer/contractor needs to understand and market the value of H.B. Fuller products and technologies versus competitors
• Experience serving or within the commercial roofing industry
• Experience in flooring, commercial or industrial construction
• Tri-lingual- English, German & French language fluency
- Job Location
- Lüneburg, Germany
- Position Type