Logistics ClerkApply Now Apply Later
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
We at H.B. Fuller embrace a shared set of beliefs and competencies that direct the way we operate and express our fundamental principles about how we will achieve success. We strive to hire talent that demonstrates our beliefs and our competencies.
The shipping clerk reports to the logistics manager and has primary responsibility to arrange hassle free transports of the goods to the customers. Work processes are mainly driven by customer requirements; decisions about proper way of transport in daily business are taken by the shipping clerk or team; higher level decisions are taken in agreement with supervisor.
This individual will be involved in coordination of shipments, following legal and customer specific regulations as well as ensuring reliable quality and cost efficiency for the corresponding shipments. Including:
- Coordination of shipments with logistics providers/partners, and follow up on time lines and promised dates from shipping site to customer
- Shipping process and providing freight rates to sales and customer service;
- Coordination and cross check order entries in ERP-system, shipping related;
- Kick off and check invoicing runs for specified European Companies;
- Follow up with logistics providers in case of delayed, lost, or damage shipments;
- Providing support in case of transport insurance issues;
- Managing and follow up on returnable containers;
- Handling of European stock transfer orders, both inbound and outbound;
- Logistics control functions;
- Managing of complete export processes, incl.:export declarations, L/C-process, preparing customs- and bank documents;
- Preparing and supporting customs authorities’ audits;
- Preparing and providing supplier’s declarations to commissionaires.
- Required Skills
- Finished Apprenticeship, ideally business administration;
- Min. 1 – 2 years job experience in shipping dept., customer service or similar function;
- Experience in Export processes and software (e.g. MIC);
- Language skills: German and English fluently spoken and in writing;
- Computer skills: familiar with ERP system Prism, Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook;
- Personal skills: team-working, reliable, persistent, good communicator, customer focused, very good sense of time; ability to work under timely pressure, prioritize.
- Job Location
- Lüneburg, Germany
- Position Type