Process EngineerApply Now Apply Later
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
H.B. Fuller is a leading global adhesives provider focusing on perfecting adhesives, sealants and other specialty chemical products to improve products and lives. Our commitment to innovation brings together people, products and processes that answer and solve some of the world's biggest challenges. And, our promise to our people connects them with opportunities to innovate and thrive.
H.B. Fuller Construction Adhesives provides technologically advanced solutions to the commercial, industrial and residential construction industry. The company’s recognized and trusted brands are available through an extensive network of distributors and dealers, as well as home improvement retailers.
Process Engineer from Chemical or Plastics Industry
The Process Engineer will report to the Plant Manager and will be responsible for driving manufacturing productivity by improving process efficiencies, reducing wastes, improving quality and increasing capacities as well as ensuring profitable growth through successful new product commercialization. Key processes in this adhesives and sealants manufacturing facility include solids conveying, mixing, compounding, chemical reactions, and packaging. This position, will also as directed by the plant manager, have the lead responsibility on the plants Process Safety Management (PSM) program and support EHS.
- Apply Six Sigma tools and techniques to achieve breakthroughs in waste reduction, yield improvements, capacity gains, and productivity improvements
- Strengthen teamwork within operations and across functions using appropriate tools
- Lead continuous process improvement activities
- Improve process control via improved instrumentation and statistical tools
- Identify and implementing automation and packaging improvements
- Utilize lean enterprise techniques to improve activities
- Address customer concerns and driving down product defects and cost of poor quality
- Utilize financial analysis tools to support plant activities and to identify opportunities
- Lead process and equipment design activities
- Represent operations on product launch teams and leading new product commercialization activities within operations
- Development of standardized work procedures
- Identify and lead safety improvement in assigned process area
- This position will be responsible for the PSM programs activities at the site that will include: leading the processes for the 14 PSM elements.
- BS Degree in Chemical, Mechanical or Industrial Engineering with 2-5 years of experience in a manufacturing environment.
- 1 + years of experience with mixing, compounding, chemical reactions, and packaging a plus.
- 2 + years of demonstrated Lean Tool implementation and execution is required.
- 2 + years of experience in statistical techniques as well as process measurement and improvement techniques is beneficial as is experience with process design and problem solving skills.
- 2 + years experience in a chemical process improvement role with applied PSM experienced preferred.
- Six Sigma Green Belt certification is preferred.
Employees receive full benefits, including medical, dental, insurance, 401k contribution, paid time off and paid Holidays. This position may also qualify for medical reimbursement depending on the employee’s annual base salary. If qualified, H.B. Fuller will pay up to 100% of the employee’s medical premium. All employees qualify for an annual cash bonus, based on business performance. Annual raises are based on company and individual performance.
To all recruitment agencies: H.B. Fuller does not accept agency resumes unless directly engaged by Human Resources. Please do not forward any resumes to Human Resources or any employees. H.B. Fuller is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
For more information and to apply, go to: http://jobs.hbfuller.com/
H.B. Fuller is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
- Job Location
- Mansfield, Texas, United States
- Position Type
Recently Viewed Jobs
No jobs have been viewed recently.