Cost Management AccountantApply Now Apply Later
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
The right person will have a strong costing and month end reporting background with the ambition to grow within the Accounting team. The instantly recognizable business is focused on expanding their presence in Australia and New Zealand.
Reporting directly to the Finance Controller for ANZ, this is a permanent role, with an immediate start.
Monthly reporting, budgeting and forecasting.
- Prepare monthly/quarterly key variances analysis against budget or forecast
- Analysis on manufacturing costs and recoveries, prepare consolidated report and Financial/Management accounts
- Liase closely with supply chain and sourcing team to update latest raw material cost and perform cost roll up.
- Perform yearly update of Activity Based costing framework.
- Co-ordinate quarterly and annual inventory counting and ensure inventory variance are reflected in the system.
Month End Process
- Prepare and journalize inventory entries to GL ledger and reconcile inventory variances and provide commentaries between GL and EPR stock system
- Prepare stock purchased price variance report (PPV) on the discrepancy between standard costs.
- Investigate COGS against GL and Sales Business Information (BI)
Fixed asset and Reconciliation
- Prepare and ensure that fixed asset register are properly updated, maintained and covered by the insurance policy for monthly review and reporting purposes.
- Prepare and monitor monthly / quarterly CAPEX for reporting and highlight any variances against budget to respective department.
- Required Skills
- 4 - 5 years' experience in a similar position
- Experience with JDE/ERP is preferred.
- Hands-on experience in reporting, budgeting, forecasting and analysis,
- Intermediate/advanced excel skill
- Strong focus on attention to detail and high level of accuracy
The ideal candidate will be qualified in an accounting or business degree and have at least 3 years professional experience as well as basic knowledge of accounting standards. Candidates will have proficient experience using MS Excel. Exceptional communication skills, with proven ability to demonstrate initiative and have good attention to detail are essential.
If you're a goal orientated professional please express your interest and 'Apply Now'
- Job Location
- Melbourne, , Australia
- Position Type