Formulation Chemist - AdhesivesApply Now Apply Later
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
H.B. Fuller is a leading global adhesives provider focusing on perfecting adhesives, sealants and other specialty chemical products to improve products and lives. Our commitment to innovation brings together people, products and processes that answer and solve some of the world's biggest challenges. And, our promise to our people connects them with opportunities to innovate and thrive.
Location: Michigan Center, Michigan
The Chemist will assist in the development of new products and improvement of existing products under the direction of supervisor or project leader. Experience with butyl, block co-polymer, and urethane based adhesives and sealants is preferred, as is prior knowledge of or experience the construction industry (specifically roofing).
- In meeting the major objectives, this job requires extensive research, evaluation of raw materials, producing trial compounds, providing assistance at customer trials, and providing technical support for manufacturing processes.
- Capable of interpreting and performing testing as outlined in test procedures (ASTM, Auto OEM, SAE, Etc.) including set up, evaluation, recording data, and interpreting the data
- Responsible for writing up initial production formulations, indicate any necessary precautions to be taken, and outline tests to be performed by the QC Department.
- Self-educate or utilize various resources such as the NRCA's or RCI's on-line technology courses to understand the application and application environment of various adhesive, sealant, and tape products used in the commercial low-slope roofing industry.
- Provide the technical support as needed to enhance operation of a product line. Coordinate this support with the manufacturing, marketing, and sales departments.
- Maintain close relationship with the customer laboratories. Accompany Sales Personnel to customer on-site locations when required.
- Assist with the continual improvements of current products through such areas as use of new materials, reformulations, etc.
- Provide technical support to the operations and marketing departments to maintain accurate technical data sheets and material safety data sheets.
- Assist in developing supporting laboratory staff.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or a related field is required.
- Two to four years of formulating experience is preferred.
- Ability to work under pressure and to work on several projects simultaneously is essential.
- A personal commitment to fully understand the application environment for Royal's products and how it relates to formulating superior products for this industry is a key requirement for this position.
Employees are eligible for full benefits, including medical, dental, insurance, 401k contribution, paid time off and paid holidays. All employees also qualify for an annual cash bonus, based on business performance. Annual raises are rewarded based on company and individual performance.
To all recruitment agencies: H.B. Fuller does not accept agency resumes unless directly engaged by Human Resources. Please do not forward any resumes to Human Resources or any employees. H.B. Fuller is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
For more information and to apply, go to: http://jobs.hbfuller.com/
H.B. Fuller is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
- Required Skills
- Job Location
- Michigan Center, Michigan, United States
- Position Type