Maintenance ManagerApply Now Apply Later
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
H.B. Fuller is a leading global adhesives provider focusing on perfecting adhesives, sealants and other specialty chemical products to improve products and lives. Our commitment to innovation brings together people, products and processes that answer and solve some of the world's biggest challenges. And, our promise to our people connects them with opportunities to innovate and thrive.
Location: Michigan Center, MI
The Maintenance Manager reports to the Plant (Facility) Manager. and has shared responsibility for work planning, work task auditing, contractor scheduling and coordination, safety adherence, budgetary controls, and management responsibilities for the maintenance team.This individual oversees total maintenance operations consisting of managing all facility equipment and maintenance mechanics. Responsible for managing, developing and improving Preventative Maintenance and Predictive Maintenance Reliability Programs. Also responsible for developing the skillset for the maintenance team. Maintenance Manager has the ability to assist the maintenance technicians in complex mechanical, or electrical repairs, as required, and understands PLCs, and programming of equipment such as variable speed drives.
- Follows, without exception, all work instructions and safety rules, including the use of all PPE and safety gear. Reinforces the instructions and rules with peers. Sets example for the general housekeeping and 5S of the entire plant.
- Leads the maintenance team in safe work practices.
- Develop and implement Operational Discipline for the maintenance team.
- Represents company core competencies and values in all activities.
- Detailed understanding of OSHA requirements as they pertain to daily activities.
- Performs site safety orientation for all contractors.
- Specific safety knowledge with respect to the plant and facility equipment.
- Leads safety in all actions, including start up to shut down & lockout / tag out procedures for all responsibilities.
- Displays extensive knowledge of, and manages the labeling, disposal, and documentation for hazardous waste, per appropriate work instructions.
- Exhibits excellent forklift, boom lift, scissor lift, yard truck and track mobile skills. Must be trained and able to audit other operators on all mobile equipment used in the plant.
- Ability to promptly and appropriately react to site emergencies in regards to injuries or equipment failures.
- Leads the predictive and preventative maintenance activities for the facility.
- Shares and benchmarks best maintenance practices with other sister sites.
- Insures the responsibilities as required for the Quality System for the plant are met.
- Works with the site scheduler and plant manager to schedule preventive maintenance in a manner to maintain safety for operations and to maximize quality for production.
- Completes, maintains, and processes all necessary documents pertaining to repairs, purchases and other appropriate activities.
- Coordinates all contractor activity for site repairs and for designated capital projects.
- Trains Master Mechanic and Maintenance Mechanics and helpers on essential duties.
- Examines plant systems to diagnose problems and prevent failures.
- Provides and directs maintenance on all plant electrical, mechanical, HVAC, plumbing, and other systems, plus general maintenance, with limited supervision.
- Reviews and reports on data in the CMMS system, and other computer systems, as appropriate.
- Troubleshoots problems and performs research to determine the most cost effective corrective solution. Consults with Facility Engineers and Continuous Improvement Leader, and presents results and alternatives.
- Holds mechanics accountable to annual goals and objectives and reviews their performance regularly.
- Within the scope of knowledge, and abilities, installs new equipment.
- Assists other mechanics in projects outside of their area of specific expertise.
- Displays strong, problem-solving skills. Displays solid leadership skills.
- Ability to collaborate and influence others to achieve goals and resolve problems.
- Fosters a team environment.
- Recognizes customer requirements, and is flexible in changing priorities as required.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related field required
- A combination of 15+ years of technical training and experience.
- 8 + years’ experience in maintenance management role
- Knowledge of Process Safety Management (PSM) with a strong background in the following elements: PSI, PHA, Contractors, PSSR, MI, and Hot Work
- Must possess skills in mechanics (pumps, mixers, machinery repair), and electrical, including basic PLC troubleshooting.
- Knowledge of various trade fundamentals (mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, HVAC, PLC, controls interface software, etc.) sufficient to deal with general repairs.
- Certified or licensed at 2nd class or higher in waste water, electrical, mechanical, controls, welding, or other trade.
- Solid working knowledge of computer applications (MS Office suite, internet accessibility, CMMS systems)
- Good math, reading, communication, and organizational skills.
- Adage or SAP experience in purchase requisitioning
- Ability to be on 24 hour call, as required
- Must be able to support other sites as required (10% Travel as needed)
- Equipment Inventory management including critical spares
- Background with Railroad and DOT regulations
- Ability to read and mark up P&IDs
- Ability to read single line electrical drawing
- 20+ years of experience and discipline/function/environment
- PLC background
Employees are eligible for full benefits, including medical, dental, insurance, 401k contribution, paid time off and paid holidays. All employees also qualify for an annual cash bonus, based on business performance. Annual raises are rewarded based on company and individual performance.
To all recruitment agencies: H.B. Fuller does not accept agency resumes unless directly engaged by Human Resources. Please do not forward any resumes to Human Resources or any employees. H.B. Fuller is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
For more information and to apply, go to: http://jobs.hbfuller.com/
H.B. Fuller is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
- Job Location
- Michigan Center, Michigan, United States
- Position Type