Maintenance Technician IIApply Now Apply Later
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
H.B. Fuller is a leading global adhesives provider focusing on perfecting adhesives, sealants and other specialty chemical products to improve products and lives. Our commitment to innovation brings together people, products and processes that answer and solve some of the world's biggest challenges. And, our promise to our people connects them with opportunities to innovate and thrive.
H.B. Fuller Construction Adhesives provides technologically advanced solutions to the commercial, industrial and residential construction industry. The company’s recognized and trusted brands are available through an extensive network of distributors and dealers, as well as home improvement retailers.
Location: Michigan Center, MI
Maintenance Electrical Technician- 2nd shift
The position of Maintenance Technician/Electrical reports to the Maintenance Manager. The job holder will be responsible for implementing preventative/predictive maintenance strategies alongside breakdown repairs, including projects, continuous improvement, 5S, and facility repairs or maintenance work as assigned. Must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and ability as an electrical technician.
- Preventative maintenance planning and suggest improvements in order to minimize repairs and downtime
- Perform general electrical repairs to facility equipment and systems
- Execute Maintenance actions on the site (e.g. breakdown repairs), ensuring they are accomplished within the agreed timing and cost
- Performs housekeeping tasks as necessary and assigned
- Supervise ad-hoc support personnel (operators) or contractors as needed to complete specific work. Assist with machine change-overs, as required.
- Provide input to Maintenance Manager regarding equipment and necessary repairs or upgrades.
- Follows, without exception, all work instructions, safety rules, including the use of all PPE and safety gear and reinforces the instructions and rules with peers
- Practices safety in all actions, including start-up, shut-down, lockout, tagout procedures
- Exhibits excellent forklift skills
- Knowledge of OSHA requirements as they pertain to daily activities
- Troubleshoot to determine the best cost-effective solution
- Willing to be called in for repairs on all shifts
- High school diploma or GED equivalency
- A combination of 3+ years of industrial electrical & mechanical training and experience
- Ability to use hand tools and power tools
- Knowledge of various trade fundamentals sufficient to deal with general repairs
- Works well in groups and individually
- Demonstrated ability to perform all job duties
- Strong math, reading, communication, and organizational skills
- Solid working knowledge of computer applications (MS Office suite, internet accessibility)
- Strong electrical background
- Welding and Fabrication experience. Pipefitting, plumbing, and related skills
- Must possess skills in mechanics (pumps, gearboxes, machinery repair)
- Hydraulic & Pneumatic repair knowledge and experience
- Strong electrical background includes:
- Wiring and conduit bending/installation
- NEC and Arc Flash
- Must possess skills in industrial electrical maintenance (Motors & Drives, wiring, controls, including basic PLC troubleshooting or programming
• Excellent communication skills
• Strong presentation skills
• Ability to maintain good documentation
• Ability to perform duties with a minimal amount of supervision
• Familiarity with CMMS, preventive, and predictive maintenance.
• Certified to work on refrigeration, chillers, and A/C units
• Pipefitting, plumbing, and related skills
• Strong mechanical and electrical background
• Computer experience
• PLC experience with programming and troubleshooting skills
• Machining skills
• VFD troubleshooting skills
• Understanding of basic and complex pneumatic systems
• Ability to prioritize tasks
• Understanding of all types of instrumentation and calibrations
• Experience with steam boilers and hot oil systems
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to stand, frequently required to walk, climb stairs, use hands to move or lift boxes, stretch and reach with arms extended, and stoop. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, alone, and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds, with assistance.
Employees are eligible for full benefits, including medical, dental, insurance, 401k contribution, paid time off and paid Holidays. All employees qualify for an annual cash bonus, based on business performance. Annual raises are based on company and individual performance.
To all recruitment agencies: H.B. Fuller does not accept agency resumes unless directly engaged by Human Resources. Please do not forward any resumes to Human Resources or any employees. H.B. Fuller is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
For more information and to apply, go to: http://jobs.hbfuller.com/
H.B. Fuller is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
- Job Location
- Michigan Center, Michigan, United States
- Position Type
Recently Viewed Jobs
No jobs have been viewed recently.