Manager, WarehouseApply Now Apply Later
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
H.B. Fuller is a leading global adhesives provider focusing on perfecting adhesives, sealants and other specialty chemical products to improve products and lives. Our commitment to innovation brings together people, products and processes that answer and solve some of the world's biggest challenges. And, our promise to our people connects them with opportunities to innovate and thrive.
Location: Michigan Center, MI
The Warehouse Manager is responsible for managing all warehouse activities, as well as several direct reports. Responsible for developing strategies to drive increase in efficiency and effectiveness of the warehouse operations including inventory management, staging and material handling processes, quality, and logistics. Maintains short-term tactical view of the current supply chain process to ensure a smooth operation of the business, and long-term perspective to provide vision and leadership in areas of process improvements and cost reduction.
• Directs, coordinates, and plans warehouse storage and distribution of products and materials within both distribution centers.(offsite warehouse)
• Establishes departmental goals, ensuring a cost-effective operation while meeting quality, service and safety objectives. Monitors KPI's ensuring the warehouse operations fall within guidelines.
• Oversees all shipping/receiving functions including: proper packing, preparing packing lists, contacting shipping companies, receiving deliveries, proper routing of packing slips, and accurate intake of material.
• Reconciles receipts against inventory management system.
• Ensures the physical security of inventory assets, materials, and equipment within limits set by senior management.
• Collaborates with other departments and key personnel to evaluate inventory levels and forecast needs. Establishes and monitors key financial and operational metrics and recommends related opportunities for improvement.
• Creates and implements safety and health programs to assure safe and healthy working conditions and compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
• Manages the hiring process and provides direct supervision for the day-to-day activities of Warehouse supervisors including training, team building, scheduling, support, performance reviews and corrective action.
• Prepares and organizes physical inventory counts and reconciliation as well a cycle-count process. Responsible for investigation and resolution of all variances.
• Provides input into succession planning process for direct reports.
• Aligns individual goals for self and others with work area/functional goals
• Actively builds relationships across functions/businesses that bring value to the company, encouraging the participation and perspectives of all team members, regardless of background; mentors and empowers others to achieve success
• Leverages customer knowledge to develop alternative solutions and shares key learning with others
• Bachelor‘s degree (operations, purchasing, logistics, or planning field is preferred)
• Minimum 3 years’ experience in warehouse management including supervising others
• Extensive experience with warehouse management systems, picking / packing operations, inventory control methods, material handling equipment, and carrier management
• Demonstrated experience in continuous improvements in the areas of safety, inventory accuracy, warehouse productivity, picking accuracy, service level improvement, and lead-time reduction
• Experience in EDI or scanning systems
• Detailed knowledge of MS Office with strong focus on Excel and PowerPoint
• Strong strategic skills and problem solving/analytical skills
• Strong organization, planning and prioritizing skills and attention to detail
• Adaptable to change, ability to work in a team environment and interact with a variety of people while remaining customer focused
• Strong written and oral communication skills; be able to communicate effectively at all levels and with all functions
• Ability to continuously improve efficiency of processes and manage change
• Demonstrated strong planning and organizational skills; detail oriented
• APICS CPIM (Certified Production & Inventory Manager) desired
Employees are eligible for full benefits, including medical, dental, insurance, 401k contribution, paid time off and paid holidays. All employees also qualify for an annual cash bonus, based on business performance. Annual raises are rewarded based on company and individual performance.
To all recruitment agencies: H.B. Fuller does not accept agency resumes unless directly engaged by Human Resources. Please do not forward any resumes to Human Resources or any employees. H.B. Fuller is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
For more information and to apply, go to: http://jobs.hbfuller.com/
H.B. Fuller is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
- Job Location
- Michigan Center, Michigan, United States
- Position Type