H.B. Fuller employees click here to apply for current openings.
Mixing Assistant Supervisor
Michigan Center, Michigan;Apply NowApply Later
H.B. Fuller is a leading global adhesives provider focusing on perfecting adhesives, sealants and other specialty chemicals across all industries throughout the world. While our products are virtually invisible, they play a vital role in ensuring the quality of modern life and we are committed to connecting what matters to solve some of the world's biggest adhesion challenges.
Experienced Production Supervisor from Chemical, Plastics, or Manufacturing Industry will supervise, coordinate, and manage production floor activities to support the appropriate shift operations in Michigan Center. They will also ensure the safety of all employees, processes and equipment and support productivity improvements and safety improvements. This person will also enforce company policies and safety procedures, and work on additional continuous improvement projects in the plant.
- Provides on-the-job leadership and task supervision of assigned employees in a department or area of the plant.
- Acts in a capacity to extend the supervisory abilities of the immediate reporting supervisor in charge of the overall area.
- Assist the Shift manager in executing the production schedules
- Direct daily work flow / assign work to employees
- Enforce all safety rules
- Operate a mixer, extruder, reactor, or forklift as required per the CBA
- Fill in to give other employees required, scheduled “breaks”
- Shut down or start up the plant as appropriate
- Monitor the mood of the team and plant, in general, and bring issues to the attention of plant management.
- Develop and routinely assist in the training of other personnel
- Enter or direct data entry to the ERP systems, information regarding production processes.
- Support and strive to attain shift / departmental goals
- Provide input and to manager for performance and competency evaluations, and training requirements
- Support and deliver coaching and performance documentation when appropriate
- Responsible for daily departmental report and housekeeping.
- Take an active role and at times lead team projects such as housekeeping, safety, 5S, Lean/CI
- Work to maximize the effectiveness of the work group
Basic Minimum Requirements
- High School/GED
- Basic computer competency
- Experience with safety and quality systems
- Lift 50lbs occasionally
- Work alternate shifts and/or overtime as required
- External: 3+ years’ experience with team lead/supervisor experience in a manufacturing environment
- 3+ years’ of continuous improvement
- Internal: 3 + years’ experience with mixing and any extrusion manufacturing experience
- No Safety Incidents
- Meets expectations for Performance and attendance
At H.B. Fuller, we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and are committed to providing all applicants and employees with equal employment opportunity. We subscribe to the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP) policy of employing and promoting individuals based on their merits, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, citizenship status, or any other protected classification.
Recently Viewed Jobs
No jobs have been viewed recently.