Process Engineer InternApply Now Apply Later
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
H.B. Fuller is a leading global adhesives provider focusing on perfecting adhesives, sealants and other specialty chemicals across all industries throughout the world. While our products are virtually invisible, they play a vital role in ensuring the quality of modern life and we are committed to connecting what matters to solve some of the world's biggest adhesion challenges.
Process Engineer Intern
Michigan Center, MI
In general, the Process Engineer intern reports to the Continuous Improvement Leader and has primary responsibility to apply both theoretical and practical engineering principles.
This individual will be responsible for specific projects related to gaining a better understanding of process engineering/continuous improvement in a manufacturing environment. In the course of this work, the intern will be involved in a variety of activities which may include:
- Working directly with the entire Michigan Center team on the manufacturing floor to drive process and manufacturing improvements.
- Conduct and/or participate in continuous improvement activities in assigned areas such as Kaizen’s SOP and Standard Work development.
- Provides support to facility manager, shift managers, regional process engineer, operations, and R&D personnel in process improvement, process transfer, and technology improvements.
- Serves as team member on Green / Black Belt projects.
- Leads by example in the areas of safety improvement and the application of quality measures
Past projects included optimization of mixing operations for a key product line utilizing Lean techniques, development and trial/launch of a new adhesive compound and design/build of optimal liquid filling lines.
- Currently pursuing Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical, Mechanical, or Industrial Engineering to be completed between December 2020 – June 2022
- Comfortable working daily in manufacturing shop floor environment
For more information and to apply, go to: http://jobs.hbfuller.com/
H.B. Fuller is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
- Job Location
- Michigan Center, Michigan, United States
- Position Type