Process Engineer - Mechanical or Electrical DisciplineApply NowApply Later
H.B. Fuller is a leading global adhesives provider focusing on perfecting adhesives, sealants and other specialty chemical products to improve products and lives. Our commitment to innovation brings together people, products and processes that answer and solve some of the world's biggest challenges. And, our promise to our people connects them with opportunities to innovate and thrive.
H.B. Fuller Construction Adhesives provides technologically advanced solutions to the commercial, industrial and residential construction industry. The company’s recognized and trusted brands are available through an extensive network of distributors and dealers, as well as home improvement retailers.
Location: Michigan Center, MI
The Process Engineer will be responsible for driving manufacturing productivity by improving process efficiencies, reducing wastes, improving quality and increasing capacities as well as ensuring profitable growth through successful new product commercialization. Key processes in this adhesives and sealants manufacturing facility include solids conveying, drying, mixing, compounding, extruding, laminating, winding, slitting, chemical reactions, and packaging.
The Process Engineer will do the following, but not limited to:
- Apply Six Sigma tools and techniques to achieve breakthroughs in waste reduction, yield improvements, capacity gains, and productivity improvements
- Strengthen teamwork within operations and across functions using appropriate tools
- Lead continuous process improvement activities
- Improve process control via improved instrumentation and statistical tools
- Identify and implementing automation and packaging improvements
- Utilize lean enterprise techniques to improve activities
- Ensure compliance with regulatory and TS16949 requirements
- Address customer concerns and driving down product defects and cost of poor quality
- Utilize financial analysis tools to support plant activities and to identify opportunities
- Lead process and equipment design activities
- Represent operations on product launch teams and leading new product commercialization activities within operations
- Development of standardized work procedures
- Identify and lead safety improvement in assigned process area
- Identify and troubleshoot capital equipment in the plant where needed
- BS Degree in Chemical, Mechanical, Electrical or Industrial Engineering (Preferring Electrical or Mechanical)
- 2-5 years of experience in a manufacturing environment
- Demonstrated Lean Tool implementation and execution
- Practical background in statistical techniques as well as process measurement and improvement techniques are beneficial as is experience with process design and problem solving skills
- Six Sigma Green Belt certification
- Design experience
- Experience with compounding, extruding, laminating, or winding automation
- Experience working in a Union environment
Employees receive full benefits, including medical, dental, insurance, 401k contribution, paid time off and paid Holidays. All employees qualify for an annual cash bonus, based on business performance. Annual raises are based on company and individual performance.
To all recruitment agencies: H.B. Fuller does not accept agency resumes unless directly engaged by Human Resources. Please do not forward any resumes to Human Resources or any employees. H.B. Fuller is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
For more information and to apply, go to: http://jobs.hbfuller.com/
H.B. Fuller is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Recently Viewed Jobs
No jobs have been viewed recently.