Process EngineerApply Now Apply Later
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
Royal Adhesives & Sealants is now an H.B. Fuller Company! H.B. Fuller is a leading global adhesives provider focusing on perfecting adhesives, sealants and other specialty chemicals across all industries throughout the world. While our products are virtually invisible, they play a vital role in ensuring the quality of modern life and we are committed to connecting what matters to solve some of the world's biggest adhesion challenges.
Michigan Center, MI
The Process Engineer will be responsible for driving manufacturing productivity by improving process efficiencies, reducing wastes, and increasing capacities as well as ensuring profitable growth through successful new product commercialization. Key processes in this adhesives and sealants manufacturing facility include solids conveying, drying, mixing, compounding, extruding, laminating, winding, slitting, chemical reactions, and packaging. The Process Engineer will also be responsible, but not limited to the following:
- Apply Six Sigma tools and techniques to achieve breakthroughs in waste reduction, yield improvements, capacity gains, and productivity improvements
- Strengthen teamwork within operations and across functions using appropriate tools
- Lead continuous process improvement activities
- Improve process control via improved instrumentation and statistical tools
- Identify and implementing automation and packaging improvements
- Utilize lean enterprise techniques to improve activities
- Lead technical troubleshooting activities and continuously improving the technical skills of the work force
- Ensure compliance with regulatory and TS16949 requirements
- Address customer concerns and driving down product defects
- Provide financial analysis support of plant activities to identify opportunities
- Lead process and equipment design activities
- Represent operations on product launch teams and leading new product commercialization activities within operations
- Develop standardized work procedures and operator training
- Identify and lead safety improvement in assigned process area
Employees are eligible for full benefits, including medical, dental, insurance, 401k contribution, paid time off and paid Holidays. All employees qualify for an annual cash bonus, based on business performance. Annual raises are based on company and individual performance.
BS Degree in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering with 5+ years of experience in a manufacturing or design environment.
Experience with compounding, extruding, laminating, or winding automation a plus.
Six Sigma or Black Belt certification is preferred. Practical background in statistical techniques as well as process measurement and improvement techniques is beneficial as is experience with process design, problem solving skills, and computer tool utilization.
For more information and to apply, go to: http://jobs.hbfuller.com/
H.B. Fuller is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
- Job Location
- Michigan Center, Michigan, United States
- Position Type