Production ManagerApply Now Apply Later
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
Royal Adhesives, a subsidiary of H.B. Fuller is a leading global adhesives provider focusing on perfecting adhesives, sealants and other specialty chemical products to improve products and lives. Our commitment to innovation brings together people, products and processes that answer and solve some of the world's biggest challenges. And, our promise to our people connects them with opportunities to innovate and thrive.
Are you an experienced manager in a multi shift manufacturing facility?
The Production Manager reports to the Plant Manager and has primary responsibility for planning, directing and coordinating the production activities and resources necessary for manufacturing chemical adhesives with a shared responsibility for maintenance and warehouse activities for a plant with 200 plus total employees, with direct supervision over three shift managers, and 33 indirect reports.
The individual will manage the daily plant operations to ensure safety, volume, costs and quality standards are met. S/he ensures that resources are adequate to meet the plant’s production schedule and safety procedures are met or exceeded.
- Manages the daily plant operations with a “hands-on” approach to meet the sites quality, SIFOT, customer complaint, and production schedule targets.
- Drives a zero defect culture in EHS, quality and productivity utilizing Operational Discipline (OD).
- Promote and utilize quality Error proofing mind set. coach and mentor all team members on quality, mistake proofing and continuous improvements.
- Utilize lean tools to improve safety, quality and productivity
- Reviews production demands to make decisions concerning inventory requirements, staffing requirements, work procedures, and duty assignments.
- Establishes and develops key production flow strategies that enhance speed and efficiency without compromising safety or integrity.
- Uses knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques to maximize production.
- Implements company policies, ensures coaching, development and team building of the production staff assuring performance goals are achieved consistently.
- Supports shift managers on a day-to-day basis to solve problems and increase productivity.
- Backup for the Plant Manager and has the responsibility for managing all other operations activities for the assigned site.
- Attains annual safety goals through a solid understanding of safety management as well as the ability to convey and enforce safety rules and procedures throughout the facility.
- Manages EHS performance of the site to ensure compliance to Federal, State, and local EHS regulations including but not limited to PSM, RCRA, permits, EPA reporting, as well as Company standards
- Prepares, organizes and maintains inspection reports and assists with internal EHS auditing programs.
- Leads incident investigations of near misses, accidents and injuries and recommends and/or implements corrective actions.
- Manages hazardous waste generation, storage and shipment in accordance with the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA).
- Oversees the administrations of workers compensations claims, reports and documents workplace accidents and injuries to workers' compensation, OSHA, etc., and maintains injury log.
- Develops, coordinates and delivers EHS training to address regulatory standards and corporate environmental policies, programs and procedures.
- Inspects and audits facility to detect existing or potential environmental, safety and health hazards, and recommends corrective or preventative measures where indicated.
- Leads and coordinates Plant Safety Committee activities.
- Manages and leads the facilities Management of change program (MOC).Employees receive full benefits, including medical, dental, insurance, 401k contribution, paid time off and paid Holidays. All employees qualify for an annual cash bonus, based on business performance. Annual raises are based on company and individual performance.
Employees are eligible for full benefits, including medical, dental, insurance, 401k contribution, paid time off and paid Holidays. All employees qualify for an annual cash bonus, based on business performance. Annual raises are based on company and individual performance.
- Required Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in related area required; chemistry or engineering preferred.
- Leadership experience, 0-3 years of management experience in a manufacturing environment with multiple shifts, budgetary responsibilities of >$5 million and capital projects over $1 million.
- 5+ years of experience with regulatory matters related to the chemical industry including PSM (OSHA 1910.119), RCRA, and EPA reporting and compliance required.
- 5+ years of experience with Microsoft Office and ERP systems required.
- 1+ year experience in project management required.
- 1+ year experience with ASQ ISO 9000 and direct interfacing with customers regarding quality related issues required.
- Must be proficient with KPI reporting, cost analysis and presentations.
- To be considered you must be able to coach and mentor employees on a one-on-one basis as well as a group.
- Preferred Qualifications include:
- Experienced with ISO 14001 and/or ISO 18001.
- Certified Lean/Six Sigma Green Belt with multiple project experience.
For more information and to apply, go to: http://jobs.hbfuller.com/
To all recruitment agencies: H.B. Fuller does not accept agency resumes unless directly engaged by Human Resources. Please do not forward any resumes to Human Resources or any employees. H.B. Fuller is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
H.B. Fuller is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
- Job Location
- Michigan Center, Michigan, United States
- Position Type